In honor of Congressman Elijah Cummings, please take some actions today to protect democracy. We’ve listed some on our 10/16 post and we have more below.
Action #1 – TODAY! Meet at Santino’s for pizza, comradery, and social justice – every Third Thursday starting at 11:30 am
- Where: Santino’s Pizza. It’s at 4231 Telegraph Rd., Ventura, 93003
- When: Thursday, Sept. 19th, 11:30am – 1:30pm.
- RSVP for our supporters: Nope. Just come. Invite your friends!
We do, however, reserve the right to refuse any volunteers and their services.
- What to bring: We provide the pizza, postcards, stationary. If you prefer, you may bring your own stationary. A postcard stamp is $0.35. (300) postcards equals $105. Donations of stamps are always gratefully accepted.
- Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Postcards: We’re going to be writing 300 postcards to voters in Dallas in connection with the NAACP and the Center for Common Ground‘s – Reclaim our Vote campaign!
Why do we need a RECLAIM OUR VOTE campaign? Community of color voters are being placed on “Inactive” or “Unregistered” lists at a 16% higher rate than whites. The ability to vote of people in minority communities was already being systematically undermined over the last decade, by the imposition of strict new voter ID laws, by the reduction in polling places and early voting, and through many other tactics.
Cards of support: We’ll also send cards of support to Rep. Adam Schiff and staff. President Trump has focused his vitriol, and the rage of his followers against this incredibly brave legislator overseeing the inquiry that threatens his corrupt presidency.
Action #2 – Mark your calendars! Jim Hines of the Sierra Club needs our help! (Please share!)
A vast pristine ocean area where some of the largest kelp beds in the world grow, numerous whale species swim and feed, sea otters frolic and giant Pacific Leatherback Sea Turtles glide through the clear waters. All currently protected by the Channel Islands National Marine Sanctuary (CINMS). Continue reading “Thur. 10/17: “What can I do? I’m just one person.” Answer: “A lot.” Join us today for 3rd Thursday – Pizza, comradery, & postcards!”