Indivisible Ventura is still in mourning over Congressman Elijah Cummings’ passing. In his honor, we encourage everyone to do these actions for democracy listed on our 10/16 post.
Action – TODAY! Meet at Santino’s for pizza, good conversation, and social justice – every Third Thursday starting at 11:30 am
Today: We’re going to be writing 300 postcards to voters in Dallas, Texas in connection with the NAACP and the Center for Common Ground’s – Reclaim our Vote campaign!
- Where: Santino’s Pizza. It’s at 4231 Telegraph Rd., Ventura, 9300
- When: Thursday, Nov. 21st, 11:30am – 1:30pm.
- RSVP for our supporters: Nope. Just come. Invite your friends!
We do, however, reserve the right to refuse any volunteers and their services.
- What to bring: We provide the pizza, postcards, stationary. If you prefer, you may bring your own stationary for letter actions.
- Donations gratefully accepted: A postcard stamp is $0.35! We’re trying to achieve 300 finished postcards, which equals $105. Donations of money for stamps and pizza or rolls of postcard stamps are gratefully accepted.
- Questions? Email email@example.com
Deeper dive into the RECLAIM OUR VOTE campaign.
Why do we need this campaign? Community of color voters are being placed on “Inactive” or “Unregistered” lists at a 16% higher rate than whites. The ability to vote of people in minority communities was already being systematically undermined over the last decade, by the imposition of strict new voter ID laws, by the reduction in polling places and early voting, and through many other tactics.