- Virtual Day of Action for Christy Smith/phonebanking until May 12th!
- Write postcards for Christy Smith!
- Indivisible Ventura’s “Third Thursday” GOTV postcards for voters in AZ.
- Donations, both money and LEGOS, are needed for our immigrant community!
Action #1: Indivisible Virtual Day of Action for Christy Smith for Congress! Join in this Saturday April 25th at 2 p.m!
Join our good friends at Grassroots Democrats for this remote phonebanking event to GOTV (Get Out The Vote) for this Indivisible-endorsed candidate. The special election for CA-25’s congressional seat is coming up fast and they need a lot of help to elect Christy Smith and keep this district BLUE.
Are you free this Saturday at 2:00? Sign up here!
Can’t make the Saturday event but want to make calls? Go here to sign up to phone bank for Christy – training is included and shifts are available from now through 8 pm on May 12th, Election Day! Join a huge network of Ventura County progressive voters in making 20 calls for Christy every day between now and May 12th.
It’s already started!: Every registered voter in the district has already received a vote-by-mail ballot. We need you to call Democrats to ensure that every last Democratic ballot is returned.
Christy can’t win with the support of Democrats alone; she needs independents too. Unfortunately, GOP super PACs have already spent millions in attack ads spreading lies about Christy’s record. These calls are critical to ensure voters have the facts going into Election Day.
Action #2: The postcard-writing for Christy Smith continues!
Option #1: Use this link – or this one tinyurl.com/postcards-for-Christy, to sign up using this form to write postcards through Flip the West to voters in Arizona and Colorado, two states Democrats must win in 2020 to win the Senate, or for Christy Smith to keep CA 25 blue. After completion of this form, a staff member will send you scripts and addresses.
Please allow up to 48 hours to receive your list of addresses. If you have any questions, please email our Field Director at email@example.com and Postcard Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Action #3: Our virtual Third-Thursday postcards have been printed and need good homes!
First, we miss all of you who join us at our Santino’s pizza & postcard parties!
Apologies to those who we missed getting cards to last month! We had so many writers last time, that we ran out of our 500 postcards before we got through the list, and then we weren’t able to get more addresses for that area.
We think we have this figured out now, but isn’t as easy and nowhere near as fun as just handing somebody another stack of cards and talking together over a clutter of pens and a pizza slice. As for the face-to-face part, we are aiming to do a virtual party next month. Stay tuned!
For those who have already attended our postcard parties, here’s what we need from you to get your kit:
- Email us at email@example.com
- Subject line: Mail me some postcards! (This is important – so we can quickly see your email)
- Give us the following information: Your name, address and how many postcards, in batches of (10) ten, you want. If you also need stamps, let us know.
Action #4: Our hardworking neighbors are being ignored by Washington D.C.
“We feel a deep sense of gratitude for people that are in fear of deportations that are still addressing essential needs of tens of millions of Californians,” said Newsom, who noted 10% of the state’s workforce are immigrants living in the country illegally who paid more than $2.5 billion in state and local taxes last year.” – Governor Gavin Newsom.
Although California will be the first state to give small cash grants to immigrants, many will still suffer. Our good friends at CLUE have put together this list of local organization who need donations to fight the devastating economic impacts of the pandemic among immigrant workers and families in our county and region:
- 805 UndocuFund is managed by the Ventura County Community Foundation and currently serving families impacted by the outbreak of COVID-19. Website https://805undocufund.org/ and Facebook https://www.facebook.com/805undocufund/. Donate at the website or to donate by check, please make check out to Ventura County Community Foundation, write 805 UndocuFund in the memo line, and mail to VCCF, 4001 Mission Oaks Blvd., Suite A, Camarillo, CA 93012.
- Adelante Comunidad Conejo gives a voice and direct support to Spanish-speaking families in the Conejo Valley of Ventura County. Website https://www.adelantecomunidadconejo.org/english, Facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/307183513345908/ Donate at the website or mail a check to Adelante Comunidad Conejo, 838 Sussex Circle, Thousand Oaks, CA 91360.
- Friends of Fieldworkers is a small nonprofit that befriends and assists farmworkers and their families. Website https://friendsoffieldworkers.org/, Facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/932907853467774/ Donate at the website or mail a check to PO Box 1166, Oak View, CA 93022
- The Migrant Advocacy Fund of Ventura County is a fund created to support refugees and asylum-seekers living here, a coalition effort with funds managed by CLUE-Ventura County, website https://migrantadvocacyfund.org/. Donate at the website or mail a check payable to CLUE-VC with MAF on the memo line to CLUE-VC, PO Box 3066, Ventura, CA 93006.
- Join the LEGO drive! Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any of these beasties lying around, or blocks or similar toys!