Our Members of Congress
Congresswoman Julia Brownley
DC (202) 225-5811, Oxnard (805) 379-1779, Thousand Oaks (805) 379-1779, email and snail mail
Senator Diane Feinstein
DC (202) 224-3841, LA (310) 914-7300, SF (415) 393-0707, SD (619) 231-9712, Fresno (559) 485-7430, email and snail mail
Senator Kamala Harris
DC (202) 224-3553, LA (213) 894 – 5000, Sac (916) 448 – 2787, Fresno (916) 448 – 2787, SF (415) 355 – 9041, SD (619) 239 – 3884, email and snail mail
Sen. Hannah-Beth Jackson
Santa Barbara: (805) 965-0862, Oxnard: (805) 988-1940, Sacramento: (916) 651-4019, Email
Assemblywoman Monique Limon
Santa Barbara: (805) 564-1649, Ventura: (805) 641-3700, Sacramento: (916) 319-2037, Email
- Always provide your ZIP CODE
- Call about ONE subject only, per call
- Call once per day, or multiple times per day with one ask for each call
- Leave a message if you can’t speak to a person
- If you can’t get through, keep trying
- If relevant, tell your personal story about how the issue at hand affects you
- Tips for Calling Congress For People who hate to Call Anybody, Let Alone Congress, or If You’re New to This Calling Thing…
- Why do I need to call? My representatives are all Democrats.
Email, letters, postcards
- Tell your personal story about how the issue at hand affects you and give your Member of Congress permission to share it
- Let them know how you feel about their upcoming vote on the issue
Sample Call Scripts
Our Members of Congress work for us, so don’t be afraid to give them a call. We’ll be providing detailed information and scripts for each issue that we post, so you’ll be prepared.
Here are a few samples for you to study up on:
Hello! My name is ___________. I am one of (senator’s name) constituents in ___________, California. My Zip code is _____ (note: they often ask). I’m calling today to ask Senator _______ to oppose the nomination of Trump’s cabinet pick Scott Pruitt for Head of the EPA. Mr. Pruitt is an arch-enemy of the EPA! He has sued it on 14 separate occasions. He has spent his whole career taking the side of polluters over the public health, and over our planet’s well-being.
Hello! My name is __________, and I am one of Representative (name)’s constituents in _____________, California. My Zip code is ______. I’m calling to thank the congresswoman/man for demanding that the House of Representatives be allowed to debate and vote on the SOLVE Act – that’s H.R. 724 — to rescind the president’s Muslim ban. I want her to know we have her back!