Action #1 – Understand this meme. In CA, it’s true for REGISTERED voters ONLY!
If you are actually registered, but your polling place doesn’t have the correct information to determine that fact, or there is conflicting information about your registration, you will be given a provisional ballot on Election Day. You will be allowed to vote, given a tracking number to follow your ballot and your vote will be counted just like any other. Issues that require a provisional ballot include:
- Voter’s name is not on the current roster.
- Voter’s name is on the roster and HAS moved.
- Vote-By-Mail Voter who does not have a Vote-By-Mail ballot to surrender. (giving them another ballot at the polling place would mean two ballots were issued to them. Despite what Trump says, we don’t issue people extra ballots.)
- Voter is marked in register as “see ID” and has no ID. (first time federal voter)
- Voter selects a ballot other than their listed party or selects an unauthorized party (primary only – doesn’t apply for this election)
You may also be at the wrong polling place. (See Action #4)
Continue reading “Fri – 10/19: Today’s Action Prescription”
Action #1 – Make another comment on this! We have until 11:59 EST
The president has asked Zinke to clear all of us off his lawn… The number of comments has risen from the low 700’s to over 36,000.
However, between 500,000 and 1,000,000 people marched in DC for the first Women’s March on January 21, 2017! We can do better. Please social media the heck out of this.
Action #2 – If you got your ballot, or a sample ballot in the mail…
Time to start becoming familiar with the issues and candidates.
Indivisible Ventura has put out our own voting guide here, and it has links to a lot of others.
Action #3 – Sign up for Jen Hofmann tele-class on The Art of Perseverance – Part 1 starts today at 4:00 pm.
Sign up here. If you missed this one, catch up here.
00:00 First class intro and what to expect
10:27 Grounding strategy 1: Breath.
15:08 Focus strategy 1: Vision.
25:52 Decrease overwhelm strategy 1: Healthy boundaries with the news
38:16 Inspiration strategy 1: Gratitude
41:31 Assignment review and next steps.
Class 1 assignments
- Practice taking three deep breaths and exhalations this week when you feel stressed.
- Work on narrowing your vision to 3-5 words. “The kind of world I want to create is…”
- Notice how you consume news and make a change to your habits that decreases overwhelm.
- Write a note expressing gratitude for the many things you appreciate about one person.
- As you try these four things, notice if they contribute to increased feelings of well-being.
Action #4 – New postcard or poster design donated by Mary Engelbreit.
Click here to download and print out as postcards or as large as 11×17 inches.
Action #5 – Read this. Pass it on.
I’m Dying. Here is what I refuse to accept with serenity – Ady Barkan