We still have time to wreck the GOP’s #TrumpTaxScam and shame them in front of their corporate masters…so call now!
#1- It doesn’t actually work
- The Treasury Department admits the GOP tax plan won’t pay for itself through increased economic growth. The one-page analysis says “a combination of regulatory reform, infrastructure development, and welfare reform“ is needed to offset the cost of the tax plan. (Politico / Axios)
- “Welfare reform” = Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security along with traditional aid programs.
- There was a HYOOGE error in the Senate’s corporate alternate minimum tax
- A group of 13 tax law professors and lawyers, many of whom have been vocal opponents of the Republican plan, published a 34-page paper offering a taste of what those unintended consequences might be.
#2 – More and more people don’t want it. This scam can still fall apart.
- poll/ 32% of Americans support the GOP tax plan – the lowest level of public support for any major piece of legislation enacted in the past three decades. 53% say it won’t help the economy in a major way. (USA Today)
- CA GOP representatives are vulnerable. If the state tax deduction doesn’t reappear in the negotiations, they’re political toast.
- New Yorkers have Trump’s phone number and want him to change things, like the removal of the property tax deduction.
- Susan Collins may wake up and realize she’s been played over the promised health care bills.
More script if you need it: This proposed tax scam must be stopped. The GOP is targeting welfare, Medicare and Medicaid spending to pay for their own faulty, deficit-producing tax scam OR [insert personal reason], or find your favorite reason here.