Submit online comment form – Due 8/28/17
Save the Clean Water Rule!
The EPA is moving forward with a Clean Water Rule repeal by revising the definition of “Waters of the United States” covered by the Rule. The 30-day public comment period is now open. The rollback threatens drinking water for 117 million people.
Go to the Federal Register to submit your own comments: https://www.regulations.gov/docket?D=EPA-HQ-OW-2017-0203
More Info: http://thehill.com/policy/energy-environment/343898-epa-to-seek-comments-on-obama-water-rule-repeal
Watch the celebrations outside the Senate when word of the failure came back! (There’s a bunch of happy videos here)
I hear over and over…”Don’t talk to me about politics. It’s too overwhelming. It stresses me out.”
I’m going to make a different plea. Come join in! Continue reading “Your Weekly Dose of Sanity-Saving Good News!”
(Awesome picture from 2007 Bethesda Softworks, LLC. No, this is not real)
Yes, we can take a well-earned minute to glory in the GOP’s healthcare debacle in the Senate Thursday night. But not for long, as it was a very close vote. 49 senators voted against all decency and humanity to risk destroying our healthcare system, people’s lives and a major part of our economy.
Our President has vowed to destroy any bits of Obamacare that survived this vote, while his minions work tirelessly to dismantle every aspect of our government and sell off its parts to the highest or most well-connected bidders.
But that’s business as usual…at least, for one of his businesses.
In addition to learning a sprightly new phrase from Georgia Congressman Buddy Carter, who spent, good god, a whole 27.5 hours working on this healthcare thing, let’s talk about what happened this week…
Continue reading “This Week in Resistance – “Snatch a knot in their Ass” Edition”
(Sleeping endangered Hawaiian Monk Seal on Poipu Beach in Kauai)
Four Actions for you to take (updated)
1. Review of National Marine Sanctuary extended to Aug. 15th.
2. Public comment on retaining 5-yr. moratorium on offshore oil leasing until Aug. 17.
3. Pruitt is attacking the definition of “Waters of the United States” to assist polluters and those who would destroy wetlands. Comments due 8/28/17.
4. Take Action: Submit a public comment against the Keystone XL pipeline here.
– Four National Monuments protected from reduction or elimination
– Dep. Sec. of Interior testified that “Endangered Species Act” is an economic burden
– Foreign companies, including Russia, investing in drilling on our public lands
– The Secretary want to disallow CA’s drift net regulations
– Large staff increases at the BLM to process drilling & mining applications.
– Letter to Secretary of the US Department Wilbur L. Ross from 20 members of Congress, including our own Salud Carbajal and Julia Brownley.
Continue reading “Update from Sierra Club’s Jim Hines”
(This column is being updated as new information comes in…)
Be sure you check in with this new calling method before you put down your phone.
Share your story.
Protect Our Care is gathering stories to email to Senate healthcare staffers. We can tell our story via video, photo, text. We can submit our stories here:
You can also join thousands of people sharing personal stories and tag #HowTheACASavedMyLife.
Write a letter to the editor of your local newspaper.
These letters can have a large effect on their audience, mostly older and more conservative readers. State your truth. Describe the future for kids and grandkids. Bring it home to their kitchen table.
Here’s a column chock-full of right-wing nonsense to get you started. Look for others in your local papers.
Continue reading “Health care – I’m making calls. What else can I do? (Update 7/27)”
Rep. Carbajal (D-CA) and Senator Gary Peters (D-MI), are urging U.S. Secretary of Commerce Wilbur Ross to extend the public comment period to 90 days on Executive Order 13795 which would roll back environmental protections of Marine Sanctuaries (read Channel Islands).
Support their effort, and if you haven’t already made a public comment please do so before July 26th, 11:59pm ET by clicking here: https://www.regulations.gov/docket?D=NOAA-NOS-2017-0066
Continue reading “Trump has put our Channel Islands are on the block. We need more time to fight.”
Thanks to three Republican women senators, Obamacare might just survive the GOP’s campaign to repeal it. The fight is not over, so keep calling our own senators with words of encouragement in this fight, but let’s thank these women for their courage to stand up against their own party and for wanting to see something better for their constituents and the rest of us.
1) Senator Shelley Moore Capito (R-WV): https://www.capito.senate.gov/contact/contact-shelley
2) Senator Susan Collins (R-ME): https://www.collins.senate.gov/contact
3) Senator Lisa Murkowski (R-AK): https://www.murkowski.senate.gov/contact/email
More Info: Continue reading “As Senator Murkowski said, “She did not come to Washington to hurt people.” Let’s thank her.”