We still have time to wreck the GOP’s #TrumpTaxScam and shame them in front of their corporate masters…so call now!
#1- It doesn’t actually work
- The Treasury Department admits the GOP tax plan won’t pay for itself through increased economic growth. The one-page analysis says “a combination of regulatory reform, infrastructure development, and welfare reform“ is needed to offset the cost of the tax plan. (Politico / Axios)
- “Welfare reform” = Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security along with traditional aid programs.
- There was a HYOOGE error in the Senate’s corporate alternate minimum tax
- A group of 13 tax law professors and lawyers, many of whom have been vocal opponents of the Republican plan, published a 34-page paper offering a taste of what those unintended consequences might be.
#2 – More and more people don’t want it. This scam can still fall apart.
- poll/ 32% of Americans support the GOP tax plan – the lowest level of public support for any major piece of legislation enacted in the past three decades. 53% say it won’t help the economy in a major way. (USA Today)
- CA GOP representatives are vulnerable. If the state tax deduction doesn’t reappear in the negotiations, they’re political toast.
- New Yorkers have Trump’s phone number and want him to change things, like the removal of the property tax deduction.
- Susan Collins may wake up and realize she’s been played over the promised health care bills.
More script if you need it: This proposed tax scam must be stopped. The GOP is targeting welfare, Medicare and Medicaid spending to pay for their own faulty, deficit-producing tax scam OR [insert personal reason], or find your favorite reason here.
Rep. Julia Brownley: (CA-26): DC (202) 225-5811, Oxnard (805) 379-1779, T.O. (805) 379-1779
or Rep. Salud Carbajal: (CA-24): DC (202) 225-3601, SB (805) 730-1710 SLO (805) 546-8348
Other Rep Contacts: http://www.phoneyourrep.com
Senator Feinstein: DC (202) 224-3841, LA (310) 914-7300, SF (415) 393-0707, SD (619) 231-9712, Fresno (559) 485-7430
and Senator Harris: DC (202) 224-3553, LA (213) 894-5000, SAC (916) 448-2787, Fresno (559) 497-5109, SF (415) 355-9041, SD (619) 239-3884
Other Senator Contacts: http://www.phoneyourrep.com