Action #1 – Hold hands. Step up.
No, politics is never going back to the way it was before…where we could just vote for a president every 4 years and then go back to sleep…content that the America of our dreams – the respected bastion of freedom and democracy, would still be there waiting when we woke up. We are awake now. We know what we’ve lost, and what many of our neighbors never had. We united ourselves into a movement that took back the House and now, we prepare for the next chapter…
Action #2 – Message from Indivisible
Continue reading “Wed 11/14: Homework for the Resistance”
We regularly hear that people are stressed out and discouraged by the constant stream of bad news as our government drifts further into authoritarianism and fascism. For many of us, this is our first dive into active resistance and are panicking because we can’t see the bottom of the pool. But drowning is not an option and for people of conscience, neither is hauling ourselves out and leaving. How did the women’s suffrage movement survive for almost a hundred years? How have POC and our Native American communities maintained sustained resistance efforts over a long time? How do we develop resiliency right now?
Action #1 – Watch this video. Really.
Continue reading “Wed – 10/17: Today’s Action Prescription”
(Get your own card here or here or here or here.)
Watch this instead.
- Join the many resistance organizations and attend or watch online The State of OUR Union at 8pm: https://www.thestateofourunion.org/. Facebook event link here. Visionary women leaders Cecile Richards, Ai-jen Poo, Tarana Burke, Mónica Ramirez, Alicia Garza, Congresswomen Pramila Jayapal & Barbara Lee, and many more are gathering to present the State of OUR Union.
- Tune in Wednesday, January 31 at 10PM ET for the BET News special “Angela Rye’s State of the Union.”. The special will feature Rep. Maxine Waters (D-CA) delivering an exclusive rebuttal to the president’s state of the union address.
- Look online for the Democratic response to the State of the Union, given by Rep. Joe Kennedy (D-MA).
- State of the Union…of Concerned Scientists—the national address you won’t want to miss! Registration closes at 9:00 a.m. EST tomorrow, so reserve your spot now and get the inside scoop on defending science this year!
State of the Union…of Concerned Scientists—Telephone Briefing
Date: Tomorrow, January 31, Time: 7:00 – 8:00 p.m. EST, Register here.
- Watch these videos instead on having conversations about politics, and why it’s important.
Do this instead.