(Get your own card here or here or here or here.)
Watch this instead.
- Join the many resistance organizations and attend or watch online The State of OUR Union at 8pm: https://www.thestateofourunion.org/. Facebook event link here. Visionary women leaders Cecile Richards, Ai-jen Poo, Tarana Burke, Mónica Ramirez, Alicia Garza, Congresswomen Pramila Jayapal & Barbara Lee, and many more are gathering to present the State of OUR Union.
- Tune in Wednesday, January 31 at 10PM ET for the BET News special “Angela Rye’s State of the Union.”. The special will feature Rep. Maxine Waters (D-CA) delivering an exclusive rebuttal to the president’s state of the union address.
- Look online for the Democratic response to the State of the Union, given by Rep. Joe Kennedy (D-MA).
- State of the Union…of Concerned Scientists—the national address you won’t want to miss! Registration closes at 9:00 a.m. EST tomorrow, so reserve your spot now and get the inside scoop on defending science this year!
State of the Union…of Concerned Scientists—Telephone Briefing
Date: Tomorrow, January 31, Time: 7:00 – 8:00 p.m. EST, Register here.
- Watch these videos instead on having conversations about politics, and why it’s important.
Do this instead.
- Make a short video explaining your hopes and dreams for a progressive, inclusive America. Post video TUES (1/30) at 9pm EST sharp on all your platforms with the hashtag #StateOfTheDream. Then, retweet all the videos you see with that hashtag.
- Sign this petition from “Educators Demand Action” to keep guns out of schools. Join the “Moms Demand Action” group and read about their victories here.
- Program your phone to register voters. You don’t need the long paper form to do it. Put “VOTE” in your contact list and put in RegisterToVote.ca.gov if you live in CA. If you live elsewhere and your state doesn’t have an easy-to-find online registration tool, use this one. Now when you’re doing your daily errands, ask people if they’re registered, and would they like to be.
- Sign up for rapid response alerts here. If Trump administration fires Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein as a way to limit or stop the Mueller investigation, we need to be prepared to march. We need to #ProtectRosenstein! Firing #Rosenstein is a red line, just as firing Mueller is.
Read some amazing articles instead.
- Poverty in America – a photo essay. (Time)
- “The #Resistance Trump ignited will shape politics for a generation” (McClatchydc.com)
- The Muslim ban is still in effect. This is not a victimless crime. Look at their faces and commit to fighting for the best of American values (ACLU)
- The Nationalist’s Delusion (Atlantic)