Find local resistance events here. Have one to share? Send to email@example.com.
#1. Is single-payer health insurance a viable system? Is it a desirable system? You got questions? Get them answered here! – 3:00- 5:00 PM
Go to this public informational forum on single-payer healthcare, with an experienced panel of speakers/physicians.
- WHO: Physicians for Progress – Ventura County is a chapter of Physicians for a National Health Program (PNHP)
- WHEN: Saturday Feb. (TODAY!) 1st, 3:00- 5:00 PM
- WHERE: Unitarian Universalist Church of Ventura, 5654 Ralston Street
- COST: None
Why is this so urgent now? Read more about the issues here!
#2. Go see a movie! The League of Women Voters is hosting “On the Basis of Sex – Celebrating 100 years of Women Voting” – 6:30- 9:30 PM
Facebook link here. More information about the film, the League and getting tickets here.
- WHO: League of Women Voters of Ventura and the Museum of Ventura Co.
- WHEN: Saturday Feb. (TODAY!) 1st, 6:30- 9:30 PM
- WHERE: Museum of Ventura County, 100 E. Main Street, Ventura
- COST: Tickets – $8- $12. Eventbrite link here.
#3. Ventura CAUSE Action Fund Election Kick Off! – 10 AM – 1 PM
Action #1: Join the Ventura County Chapter of Brady United Against Gun Violence today at the Fair Board. No more state profits from gunshows! – 9 am.
- What: We are attending yet another Fair Board Meeting Tuesday, Nov 19, at 9 a.m. Join us! Help us convince the Board they MUST NOT schedule the FIVE GUN SHOWS in 2020 they are planning! State agencies should not promote and profit from the proliferation of guns and ammunition. They have it on the agenda to approve FIVE SHOWS in 2020! (Wear some orange!)
- When: Today at 9 am
- Facebook link: here.
- Brady United website link: here.
- Where: VC Fairgrounds- Derby Club 10 W. Harbor Blvd.
Action #2: “Civil Discourse Project with CSUCI students: Undocumented students on campus” – 12 pm
Continue reading “Tues 11/19: There’s resistance afoot and your presence is requested. Three important events happening today!”
Action: Come to Santino’s Pizza at 11:30 and get trained!
What: Join the League of Women Voters as they train us for participating in voter registration at our local high schools. – Today! Thursday April 4th, from 11:30-1 PM.
Let’s up our game with younger voters!
Where: Santino’s Pizza at 4231 Telegraph Road in Ventura. Pizza will be provided for lunch!