Action #1: Join the Ventura County Chapter of Brady United Against Gun Violence today at the Fair Board. No more state profits from gunshows! – 9 am.
- What: We are attending yet another Fair Board Meeting Tuesday, Nov 19, at 9 a.m. Join us! Help us convince the Board they MUST NOT schedule the FIVE GUN SHOWS in 2020 they are planning! State agencies should not promote and profit from the proliferation of guns and ammunition. They have it on the agenda to approve FIVE SHOWS in 2020! (Wear some orange!)
- When: Today at 9 am
- Facebook link: here.
- Brady United website link: here.
- Where: VC Fairgrounds- Derby Club 10 W. Harbor Blvd.
Action #2: “Civil Discourse Project with CSUCI students: Undocumented students on campus” – 12 pm
- What: Come join us for a lively, sometime impassioned discussion among students, faculty and community members. Refreshments and beverages will be provided; you bring your curiosity and willingness to listen and learn other points of view.
- When: November 19th, (Tuesday), 12 pm to 2:00 pm.
- Where: Cal State University Channel Islands, Grand Salon
1 University Drive, Camarillo California 93012 (See map: Google Maps) Parking Fee = $6.
- Event: RSVP here, which will get you event updates as well. Those with QR readers, you know what to do.
- Cost: The event is free but donations to CSUCI Foundation or LWV VC are appreciated.
- Questions: Betsy at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website link: here
Action #3: Lessons for resisters: Learn how to deal with trolls at rallies! 6:30 pm.
- What: Trolls are increasingly moving from online to in-person, with provocateurs showing up with video cameras and attempting to provoke a reaction. At our November monthly meeting, we will share an example from a recent rally in Ventura and talk more about this growing phenomenon and how to respond. We will use role plays to practice simple tools for de-escalating the situation and not giving the trolls what they want.
- When: * If this is your first meeting, please come at 6:30 PM for an orientation and welcome to Showing Up for Racial Justice (SURJ). Otherwise, the meeting starts at 7 PM.
- Where: Ventura Vineyard, 1956 Palma Dr., Ste. A, Ventura
- Event details:
- Food: Light snacks and beverages will be offered. If you would like to help with refreshments please let us know.
- Accessibility Information: The meeting room is physically accessible without steps or stairs. If you have a specific accessibility question or need, please write us at email@example.com
- Parking: There is plentiful parking at the location. We meet in the community room at the rear of the building, so please park near, and use, the rear entrance (around the right after you enter the lot from Ralston).
- Note: SURJ is not religiously affiliated, and our meetings do not have religious content. We are thankful to Ventura Vineyard for offering the space for us to meet.
- Facebook link: here.