Action #1: Join the Ventura County Chapter of Brady United Against Gun Violence today at the Fair Board. No more state profits from gunshows! – 9 am.
- What: We are attending yet another Fair Board Meeting Tuesday, Nov 19, at 9 a.m. Join us! Help us convince the Board they MUST NOT schedule the FIVE GUN SHOWS in 2020 they are planning! State agencies should not promote and profit from the proliferation of guns and ammunition. They have it on the agenda to approve FIVE SHOWS in 2020! (Wear some orange!)
- When: Today at 9 am
- Facebook link: here.
- Brady United website link: here.
- Where: VC Fairgrounds- Derby Club 10 W. Harbor Blvd.
Action #2: “Civil Discourse Project with CSUCI students: Undocumented students on campus” – 12 pm
Continue reading “Tues 11/19: There’s resistance afoot and your presence is requested. Three important events happening today!”
Updated 7/3/18 with additional photos!
- THANKS to all of you who came out on Saturday to demonstrate what really makes America great!
- Thanks also to those who reached out across city boundaries and joined in with other locations. Some people went to three events and we know of at least two people who went to four. For those of you who took great pictures you’re willing to share here, send them to email@example.com. Please note which city you’re in.
- Showing what we’re made of didn’t end on Saturday. Please join us in the effective action of calling your legislators every day. Here’s a bunch of phone scripts on immigration to make it easy for even the most phone-phobic amongst us. Each will take you less than 10 seconds. Tell them, GOP and Democrats alike, what we WANT them to do (Democrats need to know you have their backs) and to THANK them when they do the right thing.
- Want to do more? Here’s a list of great things to help!
- One thing that helps is to talk to people in your normal daily life. Tell them about your experience at this rally. For those who are interested, promise to carpool together to the next one.
- For those who repeat the administration’s fearful rhetoric, remind them that MS-13 is not a danger to them and for the “MY-PEOPLE-CAME-HERE-LEGALLY” crowd, remind them that immigration laws didn’t exist for white people until 1924. Even after that, quotas favored white immigrants over others. Ask them if they would be as brave as these people, to leave everything behind and take a dangerous journey, if:
- …a gang or a police militia unit threatened to kill their children (or grandchildren) and nobody in authority would help?
- …they were willing to work hard, but all the jobs in their area disappeared and malnutrition or worse became a real possibility
Media Links to our local rallies
Julia Brownley opinion piece, VC Star story, video, KEYT story (picture below), Nation-wide
Continue reading “6/30 – 7/2: Ventura County stood up for kids and families. Thank you. Photos and Actions!”