Weekend Edition – Sunday 9/27 – We are rising.
The last time Americans united against fascism, over 400,000 of our troops died – soldiers of all races, political groups, religions and ethnicities. Never could those soldiers have guessed that a future American president, a corrupt and compromised authoritarian, would label anti-fascism “domestic terrorism” and condemn the press, Democrats and immigrants as enemies of the state.
So now we are united again, as “E-day” – November 3rd, approaches, to remove this fascist from our White House. His only weapons are lies. Our weapons are ballots and our strategies involve engaging voters and getting them to use their power.
We are keeping lists of opportunities to help – Phonebanking (there are several opportunities to do this TODAY!) Textbanking! Letter Writing! Postcards! along with other great things to do!: Click here. And because phonebanking seems the most unimaginable for us introverts, we’ve posted this video to show that we too can become very good at this.
Events happening today.
“Freedom is never voluntarily given by the oppressor; It must be demanded by the oppressed.” ~ MLK
- We’re putting up information on local protests and actions by others we’re finding from informal sources. These listings are not endorsements nor guarantees as to time/place/type of protest or participant safety. Events can and have already been cancelled without notice.
- Protest safely in the time of pandemic and police overreaction: Go here for resources on camera apps, equipment, what to know if you’re stopped by police.
- Be sure you are counted. Be included on the 2020 Census online, by phone or by mail at 2020census.gov
- #BLM resources here and here.
- For events happening after this weekend, see section below “Actions”.
- POSTCARDS! Phonebanking! Textbanking! Letter Writing! and other great things to do!: Click here.