Thank-you post to all who came out on a cold and windy Tuesday night!
- Thanks to the 400-500 people who joined us last night in front of the Ventura County Government Center, from both our county and from further afield, who chose the sidewalk over their couch and the cold over comfort.
- Thanks to those who joined over 600 other events across the country to remind our legislators that no one is above the law in America.
- Thanks to those who wrangled big flags in strong winds and those who patiently held flashlights to illuminate them.
- Thanks to those who brought cookies and sugary joy.
- Thanks to that amazing woman who set up the hot cider station!
- Thanks to those who made signs – artistic signs, simple signs, funny, sad, angry and heartfelt signs, and to those who held light – candles and flashlights.
- Thanks to those who manned our voter registration table and to all who were already registered and ready to vote.
- Thanks to the volunteers who held our big “IMPEACH” letters and who transformed themselves into an impromptu, yet impressive drill team.
Continue reading “Wed.12/18: America stood in the cold to affirm that we still believe in the rule of law, not corrupt would-be kings!”
When: 5:30 pm on the eve of the impeachment vote
Where: Corner of Victoria and Telephone in front of the Ventura Country Government Center. 800 S. Victoria Ave, Ventura
Bring: A flashlight to light the night! Bring flags, signs, friends and your unbridled enthusiasm!
RSVP: On the Facebook event page (we will be updating there)
More info and stay up to date: Visit impeach.org or the Facebook event page
At 5:30 pm on the eve of Trump’s impeachment vote (whenever that may be), at least 300 groups including from around our nation, including Indivisible and MoveOn.org, will hold events asking our Members of Congress to Impeach & Remove our incompetent, corrupt, and criminal President.
Nobody Is Above the Law. That’s why we’re calling on Congress to Impeach & Remove Donald Trump.
We will get out the word that the rally is being held whenever the national organizers determine that the impeachment vote is imminent. Watch the Facebook event page and impeach.org.
By choosing to attend this event, you are committing to participate nonviolently and in accordance with the law, to work to de-escalate confrontations with others, and to obey the orders of authorized event marshals and of law enforcement. You also acknowledge that you are solely responsible for any injury or damage to your person or property resulting from or occurring during this event and that you release all event sponsors and organizers (and their officers, directors, employees, and agents) from any liability for that injury or damage. We disavow all who advocate violence as a solution to our Nation’s present crisis.
Want to learn more about dealing with difficult people at rallies? Take SURJ’s class on Tues, the 19th. More information here.
Join us this afternoon as we take to the streets across the Nation!
“Nobody is Above the Law” – Thursday, April 4th, 5pm local time, Ventura County Government Center, corner of Telephone & Victoria.
Hmmm…a lame-duck government until Jan. 3, leaving our country without meaningful congressional oversight for the next 60 days and loud rumors from various sources that Donald Trump Jr. will be indicted before the end of the year by the Mueller investigation…
What could go wrong?
Action #1 – Call your legislators and demand that Matthew Whitaker recuse himself from the Mueller investigation.
Continue reading “Wed – 11/7: Well, that didn’t take long… get ready to rally tomorrow AND call your legislators!”