Thank-you post to all who came out on a cold and windy Tuesday night!
- Thanks to the 400-500 people who joined us last night in front of the Ventura County Government Center, from both our county and from further afield, who chose the sidewalk over their couch and the cold over comfort.
- Thanks to those who joined over 600 other events across the country to remind our legislators that no one is above the law in America.
- Thanks to those who wrangled big flags in strong winds and those who patiently held flashlights to illuminate them.
- Thanks to those who brought cookies and sugary joy.
- Thanks to that amazing woman who set up the hot cider station!
- Thanks to those who made signs – artistic signs, simple signs, funny, sad, angry and heartfelt signs, and to those who held light – candles and flashlights.
- Thanks to those who manned our voter registration table and to all who were already registered and ready to vote.
- Thanks to the volunteers who held our big “IMPEACH” letters and who transformed themselves into an impromptu, yet impressive drill team.
Continue reading “Wed.12/18: America stood in the cold to affirm that we still believe in the rule of law, not corrupt would-be kings!”