The monthly meeting of the Ventura County FairBoard is TODAY at 9 am! Go visit! Ask a question!
Brady members and others who find the continuing GUN SHOWS at our Fair Grounds unacceptable attend to speak during PUBLIC FORUM. Join us! WEAR ORANGE!!
- Should GUN SHOWS be there at all? Has the board been actively searching for more acceptable alternatives? Is there a committee assigned to that task? When can we expect to hear the results?
- As long as gun shows are continuing, how are they improving safety issues? Are the guns secured? Other weapons?
- What kind of security is there, both in the building and in the parking lots? How are weapons brought in being tracked? Are people leaving the facility checked for proper paperwork for all weapons and ammunition?
- What actions are they taking to actively discourage straw buyers? Is there an informational campaign with an active sign-in requirement at entrances to warn such buyers of the legal consequences?
- What good-faith actions are gun show purveyors voluntarily doing to protect Californians from their dangerous merchandise being sold in more permissive nearby states? In 2018, 3,920 guns originally purchased in Nevada and Arizona were recovered by California law enforcement officers from crime scenes.
- Why hasn’t the FAIR BOARD posted minutes from last month?
- What action is the FAIR BOARD taking on the Citizen’s Advisory Committee suggested by many?
Continue reading “Tues 2/25: Busy morning. Remind the Ventura County Fair Board that their “gun problem” isn’t going away.”
The Fairgrounds board members told us to reach out to the governor and our legislators if we want change.
Action #1: Call your legislators!
Minimal script for our state senator: I’m calling from [zip code] and I want Senator Jackson to support SB-281 – a bill that would ban gun shows at the Cow Palace, as well as AB-893 when it comes before you on June 11th in your Public Safety Committee. We would also like her to sponsor new legislation to help us ban gun shows at our Ventura County Fairgrounds. It’s the 21st century and we need to find more positive ways to support our state-owned facilities than with the sale of weaponry.
Minimal script for our assemblymember: I’m calling from [zip code] and I want to thank Assemblymember Limón for supporting AB-893, which bans firearm sales at Del Mar Fairgrounds and we hope she will similarly support SB-281 – which bans gun shows at the Cow Palace, when it arrives in the Assembly. We would also like her to sponsor new legislation to ban gun shows at our Ventura County Fairgrounds. It’s the 21st century and we need to find more positive ways to support our state-owned facilities than with the sale of weaponry.
State Senator Hannah-Beth Jackson (SD-19): SAC (916) 651-4019, SB (805) 965-0862, OX (805)988-1940 email
State Assemblymember Monique Limón (CA-37): SAC (916) 319-2037, SB (805) 564-1649, VTA (805) 641-3700 email
Not your people?: findyourrep.legislature.ca.gov.
Action #2: Call the Governor!
Continue reading “Thur 5/30: 5-3 against us on banning guns at Ventura County Fairgrounds. Let’s get to work… (3) calls = 5 minutes.”