Enlarged version here.
Action #1 – Write a letter to Kavanaugh
Tell him to stiffen up, ditch his over-eager handlers, order the White House to release ALL of his writings. AND direct the committee to allow enough time for the papers to be properly examined.
Like the ones where he says it’s a “traditional exercise” of presidential power to ignore laws the White House views as unconstitutional, as he defended the controversial practice of signing statements prevalent in George W. Bush’s White House.
Until we can find a more direct email to the man (please share if you already have one to email@example.com), submit your letter through the email link at your senators’ office with instructions for them to print them out and hand to Kavanaugh at the hearings.
Source Material for letters: Swipe the letter above or read these great letters and reports and write something better.
- Oppose the Confirmation of Brett Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court of the US (civilrights.org)(Indivisible)
- A Report on Supreme Court Nominee Brett Kavanaugh (suitupmaine)
- Where Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh stands on key issues (CNN)
- Kavanaugh Confirmation would do grave harm (AFJ)
- The Kavanaugh Files (aclu)
Contact your Senator:
Senator Feinstein: email
and Senator Harris: email
Other Contacts: https://hq-salsa.wiredforchange.com
Email the United States Court of Appeal for the D.C. Circuit: WebInformation@cadc.uscourts.gov
Snail-mail the United States Court of Appeal for the D.C. Circuit:
Hon. Brett M. Kavanaugh
United States Court of Appeal for the D.C. Circuit
E. Barrett Prettyman U.S. Courthouse
333 Constitution Ave., NW
Washington, DC 20001
Action #2 – Call his office
There is a direct line to his staff, which appears to be permanently unattended. If you do get through, first, ask for an email address and get it to us,
Minimal Script: I am calling to ask Judge Kavanaugh to do the right thing and stop the proceedings or withdraw his candidacy until all the writings that have been requested have been made available to the Senate.
Contact the Judge: 202-216-7180.
Action #3 – Go do civil disobedience – get arrested in D.C.
You can sign up here to join in a women-led, direct action in Washington DC starting September 4th, 2018 through the Senate Confirmation hearings for SCOTUS nominee Brett Kavanaugh. By agreeing to risk arrest, we are committing to engage in a nonviolent act of civil disobedience. Civil disobedience is a key tactic used to draw attention to unjust laws, nonviolently resist, and make movements’ demands impossible to ignore. We can click here to learn more about civil disobedience and direct action. Once we sign up, we’ll receive more details and follow up about travel support requests shortly. Check out this website: https://www.cancelkavanaugh.com/
Reading: Why we need civil disobedience now more than ever (brennancenter)
Action #4 – CALL, CALL, CALL your senators everyday!
- “Why do I need to keep calling? My senator is already [a Democrat] [a hard-core GOP]” (Because here)
- Roe v. Wade (here)
- Immigration issues (here)
- A criminal president shouldn’t be allowed to nominate SCOTUS members (here) and (here)
- Grab bag of horror, including workers, environment and guns (here)
- Can’t discern any differences between individuals and corporations (here)
- What in the world are they hiding for this guy (here)
- Health care, including protection for pre-existing conditions (here)
- Use 5calls “blockbrett” call script generator (here)
Action #5 – Phonebank for Planned Parenthood!
Check post here.
Action #6 – Fund Susan Collins’ replacement if she screws this up.
Check post here.