Action #1 – Join us for NATIONAL VOTER REGISTRATION DAY!
Empowering young voters is important in this political climate. We will be visiting local colleges to make sure that students are aware of the importance of their vote in the upcoming elections. Today, we’re at Ventura College to engage with the great students there.
If you have never joined in on a voter registration event, this YOUR opportunity to make a difference and – don’t worry – there will be experienced folks on hand to teach you the ropes!
Time: 10 am-2 pm
Event: Register Ventura College voters
Address: Ventura College – 4667 Telegraph Rd, Ventura, CA 93003
Location: MCE/MCW Quad on the east side of campus past El Camino High School (see map below)
Look for our tent!
Questions? Email Veronica at firstname.lastname@example.org
Action #2 – Remind the Ventura County Fairground Board that we want the gun shows to stop.
Dedicated community activists are gathering together to make public comments to the board. Yes, your voices matter. The Ventura County Fair Board is supposed to represent the interests of the local community, not out-of-state gun show owners.
Already, changes have taken place with the constant pressure of public participation.
- The discussion about banning the shows is being taken seriously – read here.
- An activist’s gunshow walkabout revealed safety and contract deficiencies – read here.
Time: 9 am for the public comment period
Event: Ventura County Fair Board Meeting
Address: Ventura County Fairgrounds at the Derby Club, 10 W. Harbor Blvd., Ventura
Update on gun bills through the CA legislature…
- AB-12 Firearms: gun violence restraining orders. (post) – ENROLLED and PRESENTED TO THE GOVERNOR
- AB-61 Gun violence restraining orders. ENROLLED and PRESENTED TO THE GOVERNOR
- AB-893 22nd District Agricultural Association: firearm and ammunition sales at the Del Mar Fairgrounds. – ORDERED TO ENGROSSING AND ENROLLING.
- AB-1669 Firearms: gun shows and events. – ORDERED TO ENGROSSING AND ENROLLING.