Action – Flood their phone lines! Apply pressure. That’s our power.
“It’s time for people who think that President Donald Trump should be removed from office to get on the phone and tell their senators and representatives. Now is when it matters. And yes: That kind of direct contact really does make a difference.” – Jonathon Bernstein
Minimal Script for our representatives: I’m calling from [zip code] and I want to thank Rep. [Brownley/Carbajal] for supporting the impeachment of President Donald Trump.
(Check here to see if your representative is already on board.)
Minimal Script for our senators: I’m calling from [zip code] and I want Senator [___] to publicly call for the impeachment of President Donald Trump.
Rep. Julia Brownley (CA-26): email,DC (202) 225-5811, Oxnard (805) 379-1779, T.O. (805) 379-1779
or Rep. Salud Carbajal (CA-24): email. DC (202) 225-3601, SB (805) 730-1710 SLO (805) 546-8348
Senator Feinstein: email, DC (202) 224-3841, LA (310) 914-7300, SF (415) 393-0707, SD (619) 231-9712, Fresno (559) 485-7430
and Senator Harris: email, DC (202) 224-3553, LA (213) 894-5000, SAC (916) 448-2787, Fresno (559) 497-5109, SF (415) 355-9041, SD (619) 239-3884
Who is my representative/senator?: hq-salsa.wiredforchange.com
House Dem caucus experiencing “seismic shift” on impeachment question, developments:
- This PM: Speaker Pelosi [D, CA] meets with the six chairman of investigating committees
- 4 PM: Dem caucus meeting today to discuss investigations
- THU: House Intel hearing with Director of National Intelligence
- This WK: House may vote on resolution to condemn President Trump’s reported pressure on Ukraine’s president to investigate former VP Biden
- Senate Intel Chairman Burr [R, NC] arranging closed-door briefing from Inspector general, Michael Atkinson, on whistleblower report impasse
- New report reveals President Trump told OMB Director/WH CoS Mulvaney to hold up Ukraine military aid.
- W.H. officials told Congress delay was “interagency process”
- 153 House Democrats — nearly two-thirds of the 235-member caucus — now back some type of impeachment action in light of President Donald Trump’s burgeoning Ukraine scandal. Read list of supporters here. (Brownley and Carbajal are supporters!)
- Detailed timeline on Ukraine-gate (justsecurity.org)
- Trump and Giuliani’s quest for fake Ukraine “dirt” on Biden: An explainer. (just security.org)
- The Ukrainians have found no dirt on Biden’s son. (Bloomberg)
- The Congression Research Service’s 2015 educational report on the process of impeachment and removal (fas).
- Why Pelosi has balked at impeachment (bloomberg)
- Trump threatens stock market crash if he’s impeached. (Bloomberg)
- Congress can’t ignore clearly impeachable offenses anymore (Bloomberg Opinion)
- Trump administration deliberately refused to take action to prevent arrest of journalist in Egypt. (NYTimes)
- The Consequence of No Consequences – House Dem’s refusal to take action against Trump has one result – it helps him (slate)