Both of these actions are due by 11:59 EST TONIGHT!!!
So much skullduggery, so little time!
Remember, you can write a lot or just a couple of lines. The key thing is to sound like you! Copies will be ruthlessly eliminated by the moderators. Petitions for these actions aren’t useful, as, no matter how many names are attached, the government just counts them as one (1).
Action #1 – Comment to oppose the spread of “Expedited Removal”.
Remember, you can just write a few lines. Numbers count! Right now there are only 774 comments! WRITE!!!
- Here is the proposed rule here.
- Here are other people’s comments for inspiration only: here.
- See our whole post with information and links here.
- Fast read: here and here.
Action #2 – Comment on the “Revision of Categorical Eligibility in the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program” Cuts food benefits to 3,000,000
Kids in school lunch programs would have to apply separately for the program. Read the text – USDA claims that billionaires are getting food stamps.
- Rule information here.
- Read other comments for inspiration – don’t copy anything verbatim! here.
- We put out an informational an information piece for an earlier version of this here.
- Fast read: SNAP’s “Broad-Based Categorical Eligibility” Supports Working Families and Those Saving for the Future (CBPP)
- Fast read: What my grandmother would have said about Trump’s food stamp proposal (WAPO)
- Fast read:3 Million Could Lose Food Stamp Benefits Under Trump Administration Proposal (NPR)
- Fast read:USDA rule would cut food stamp benefits for 3.1 million (AP)