quotes from Michelle at Small Deeds Done
Action #1 – Listen to Anita Hill
In 1991, Professor Anita Hill testified at Clarence Thomas’s nomination hearings regarding his pervasive sexual harassment. The questioning she was subjected to by that committee was designed to ridicule and humiliate her. We need to do better this time. Professor Hill has suggested some changes to the process that would make it better and less partisan. You can read her entire op-ed here.
Minimal Script: I’m calling from [zip code] and I want the Judicial committee and Senator [___] to take Dr. Ford’s allegations seriously by selecting a neutral investigative body with with experience in sexual misconduct cases that will investigate and present its findings to the committee.
Contact your Senator:
Senator Feinstein: email DC (202) 224-3841, LA (310) 914-7300, SF (415) 393-0707, SD (619) 231-9712, Fresno (559) 485-7430
and Senator Harris: email DC (202) 224-3553, LA (213) 894-5000, SAC (916) 448-2787, Fresno (559) 497-5109, SF (415) 355-9041, SD (619) 239-3884
Other Contacts: https://hq-salsa.wiredforchange.com
Action #2 – Kavanaugh’s denial is part of a larger, dangerous pattern
Repeat this call: Judges shouldn’t lie under oath. Period (click here)
Action #3 – Kavanaugh was unacceptable BEFORE sexual assault was on the table.
Don’t let our senators forget that we’re not giving Kavanaugh a pass on his other issues. Find scripts and background material here and use them EVERY DAY!
- “Why do I need to keep calling? My senator is already [a Democrat] [a hard-core GOP]” (Because here)
- Environmental and Endangered Species Act issues (here) and (here)
- Use 5calls “blockbrett” call script generator (here)
- Gun issues (here)
- Roe v. Wade (here)
- Immigration issues (here)
- Incarcerating children indefinitely (here)
- A criminal president shouldn’t be allowed to nominate SCOTUS members (here) and (here)
- Grab bag of horror, including workers, environment and guns (here)
- Can’t discern any differences between individuals and corporations (here)
- What in the world are they hiding for this guy (here)
- Health care, including protection for pre-existing conditions (here)
Action #4 – Send support postcards to Dr. Christine Blasey Ford.
Send bright colorful postcards (that do not require opening and are clearly not hate mail) to her with words of gratitude for her courage:
Dr. Christine Blasey Ford
Palo Alto University
1791 Arastradero Rd.
Palo Alto, CA, 94304
Action #5 – Send support postcards to Anita Hill
We were not as educated on sexual harassment in the workplace in 1991 when Anita Hill faced off against Clarence Thomas as we are now. Anita Hill did this alone without the support of so many as there is now for Dr. Christine Ford. Let’s send postcards of thanks to Anita Hill for her courage then, her courage now in re-entering this discussion and our apologies for not knowing how to help her at the time.
Dr. Anita Hill
Heller-Brown Building, 374
Brandeis University, Waltham, MA 02453