Volunteers and immigration lawyers will assist eligible applicants fill out their DACA renewal forms at this FREE clinic!
¬ Scholarships for DACA fees available! See info below.
¬Get your DACA renewed while you can, laws are changing.
Monday, August 6th, 5:30-7:30 pm
Knights of Columbus, 136 S. Ojai St, Santa Paula
To sign up to volunteer, call (805) 650-1044. If you’ve never participated before and haven’t taken the training course, come at 5:00 pm for the training session. People with Spanish language skills are most appreciated, but not required.
DACA renewal fee waivers
El Concilio will be there to help applicants apply for need-based waivers for the application fees. There are three categories:
- Those who receive means-tested benefits such as Medi-Cal, SSI, Calfresh or similar (Bring cards)
- Those who can demonstrate low-income (Bring tax statements)
- Those who can demonstate financial hardship (Bring W2’s)
Contact El Concilio at (805) 486-9777 or at email@example.com BEFORE YOU COME to confirm the paperwork required to determine eligibility for a waiver.
UPDATE on DACA (as of April 24, 2018):
After the recent D.C. court decision ruling that the decision to end DACA was unlawful, USCIS policy on DACA applications has not changed. If you have never applied for DACA before, you cannot apply now. See below for more information about DACA renewals.
- Right now, you can still apply to renew your DACA. USCIS’s current policy is to accept certain DACA renewals. If you qualify for renewal, we recommend you apply.
- If you have never applied for DACA before, you cannot apply now. Although the D.C. court has ordered USCIS to accept new applications, it has paused its decision from going into effect for 90 days. Currently, USCIS is not accepting applications from first-time DACA applicants.
- What’s next: The judge ruled that the Department of Homeland Security has 90 days to explain why DACA was terminated, and until then the court order is on hold. After the 90 days, we do not know how the administration will respond.
Stay tuned for updates from United We Dream for the most up-to-date information on DACA renewal here.