(Quote from the Rev. Dr. Barber, Poor Peoples Campaign.)
His “reality” show ratings are down…SAD!
Despite his assertions that the child-separation trauma is all controlled by Democrats, Trump has written a stop-work order on his kidnapping/hostage scheme. (CNN, The Hill, LATimes,). He’s still going to imprison kids, just together with their parents. Doesn’t matter. Still completely wrong and un-American.
Continue to do the basics of resistance. This is far from over.
Every day, more inspired actions come up, along with the legislative calls that are making the GOP nervous. Pile it on, people, pile it on!
- If you want to check out more positive actions to help the kids, click here.
- For more quick and easy call scripts on all the latest immigration bills, go here. Pace yourself! If you’ve never done this before, try to do two or three calls a day. Each call will take less than 30 seconds. Getting your phone set up for faster calling speeds will make it easier and more fun.
- ‘NO’ on both terrible immigration bills, a terrible anti-immigration (and everything else) judge and a member of a hate group being placed in charge of refugees. (click here)
- ‘YES’ on H.R. 5820/S.2849: “Detention Oversight, Not Expansion Act” – “DONE Act” of 2018.
- ‘YES’ on S. 2468: – Fair Day in Court for Kids Act of 2018.
- ‘YES‘ on Senator Feinstein’s new bill, S.3036 – ‘‘Keep Families Together Act’’
- ‘YES‘ on H.R. 5414 “Help Separated Families Act of 2018”
- YES‘ on H.R. 5950 – “Humane Enforcement and Legal Protections for Separated Children Act”: (S.2937- also“HELP Separated Children Act” in the Senate)
More you can do!
Did her parents sent her to a place like this?
Did you miss Laura Ingraham’s reference to child kennels as “summer camps”? Of course, she has the right to say whatever she wants. So do we. But let’s talk to her advertisers instead. Much more effective. David Hogg has a little list.
Prevent deportation of longtime community members.
In less than 6 minutes, you can watch these videos that describe the lives of good people who came to the US for safety after losing everything but their lives. Like the local pastors we recently lost due to a 24-year-old paperwork error, these residents have been contributing members of our society for literally decades. They’ve proven themselves to be good citizens. They do not deserve to lose everything again.
TPS for El Salvador residents to terminate on Sept. 9, 2019.
TPS for Haitian residents to terminate on July 22, 2019.
TPS for Honduran residents to terminate on Jan 5, 2020.
H.R. 4253 “the American Promise Act” has 110 cosponsors in the House, including Carbajal, but NOT Brownley. S.2144 “Secure Act” has 21 cosponsors, including Feinstein and Harris. Make a 30-second call for them.
Minimal Script to ask : I’m calling from [zip code] to ask Rep./Sen [___] protect people here in the US on Temporary Protected Status by co-sponsoring the SECURE Act (Rep. – H.R. 4253/Sen. – S. 2144) that would defer deportation of these longtime community members. Thank you.
Minimal Script to thank : I’m writing to thank [___] for supporting our residents living with Temporary Protected Status by co-sponsoring (Rep. – H.R. 4253/Sen. – S. 2144). Time is growing short. Please do everything possible to push these through to a vote.
Rep. Julia Brownley: (CA-26): DC (202) 225-5811, Oxnard (805) 379-1779, T.O. (805) 379-1779
or Rep. Salud Carbajal: email
Senator Feinstein: email
and Senator Harris: email
Other Contacts: http://www.phoneyourrep.com
Take a more active role.