– IF YOU DON’T GET A RESERVATION…We still need you! We need people who are willing to stand outside, peacefully, to show support for both Brownley and the ACA. If you can do this, please come at 5:30. We want a flood of people outside for the late night news to show how important this is.
– SIGNS: Signs with positive messages about ACA are welcomed. More is better. Bring American flags! Good health care for all is a patriotic value!
– MEDIA: We will be getting as many members of the media there as possible. If you see one, go over and share your story about how ACA has helped you, your family or friends. We need to put a human face on this issue.
– THE OPPOSITION: There may be people there from the other side that will try to provoke you. DO NOT ENGAGE WITH THEM! Don’t engage them physically or with words. We must be above reproach.
– LETTER CAMPAIGN: If you’re willing to allow Julia Brownley use your story, please bring a letter, or note or postcard about the ACA and it’s positive effect for you. We will be collecting these outside and will present them to her at her office as publicly as possible.
OFFICE OF U.S. REPRESENTATIVE JULIA BROWNLEY
For Immediate Release
Thursday, February 17, 2017
Contact: Darwin Pham
Brownley Hosts Healthcare Town Hall
Camarillo, CA – Congresswoman Julia Brownley (D-CA) will host a town hall at the Camarillo Public Library on Tuesday, February 21, 2017 to provide a forum to discuss issues and concerns relating to our nation’s healthcare system and the healthcare needs of our community. The event will feature a panel of healthcare policy professionals and specialists and testimonials from members of the community.
Space is limited. Members of the public are strongly encouraged to RSVP at CA26.RSVP@mail.house.gov.
Congresswoman Julia Brownley
Abbi Coursolle, National Health Law Program
Barry Zimmerman, Ventura County Human Services Agency
Nancy Gomez, Health Access California
Healthcare Town Hall with Rep. Julia Brownley
Tuesday, February 21, 2017
6:00 PM – 7:30 PM PST
Camarillo Public Library – Community Room
4101 E. Las Posas Road
Camarillo, CA 93010