(And all week as well…)
- Action #1: Make it official – remove Columbus Day from the books.
- Action #2 Sign a proclamation of opposition to LIne 3
- Action #3: Write to Jamie Pinkham of the Army Corp of Engineers
- Action #4: Write to Joe.
Read Biden’s proclamation on Indigenous People’s Day, 2021, here, the first ever issued by an American president. Then, read why a lynching in 1891 of eleven Italians immigrants in New Orleans led to a holiday for a problematic man who never set foot in America. Another story we didn’t learn in school…
Action #1: Make it official – remove Columbus Day from the books.
Minimal script: I’m calling from [zip code] and I want Rep./Sen. [___] to support and approve (Rep. – HR 5473/Sen. – S.2919) – Indigenous Peoples’ Day Act.
(Or thank the legislators who’ve already cosponsored these bills. Everyone likes being thanked!)
- H.R. 5473 cosponsors here. Brownley hasn’t signed on yet, Carbajal has.
- S.2919 cosponsors here. Feinstein hasn’t signed on yet, Padilla has.