Physicians for Progress is organizing an public informational forum on single-payer healthcare, with an experienced panel of speakers/physicians.
- Who: Physicians for Progress – Ventura County is a chapter of Physicians for a National Health Program (PNHP)
- When: Saturday Feb. 1st 3:00- 5:00 PM
- Where: Unitarian Universalist Church of Ventura, 5654 Ralston Street
Why is this so urgent now? Here’s a selection of issues that affect every person living in America.
- Profit over people: A veteran had his prosthetic legs repossessed by a private company. The former UN Secretary denounced our healthcare system as “politically and morally wrong.“
- Young people: Young adults who’ve aged off their parents’ plans are dying trying to stretch out expensive insulin supplies.
- Children: 400,000 children have been dropped from Medicaid under this administration. Poor healthcare in childhood could have ramifications throughout their lives.
- Medical bill “bake sales”: A third of GoFundMe campaigns are for medical bills, and that 25% are to aid under-insured patients. Begging strangers for help to pay medical bills does not happen in other first world countries.
- Corporations are cutting back: Even big companies, like FedEx and Amazon, are paring back health benefits to their workers and restricting out-of-network coverage. Many are now steering employees towards telehealth options and in-plan provider networks.
- “Choice” is a myth: The healthcare industry pays millions to gaslight Americans into supporting the private insurance model. Read the whole thread here.