Ventura’s resistance movement is strong and varied. Check out our entire list of events and keep track here. Send additions for the list to email@example.com
Action #1: THIS SUNDAY- 12/29: Volunteer, help spread the word and/or donate to our local free citizenship fair – Swap Meet Justice!
What are we doing? We help our neighbors turn their green cards (permanent residency cards) into citizenship. We also help renew green card and DACA applications and register new voters. Come help! No experience required.
If you’ve never watch Ronald Reagan’s astonishing last speech as president, reminding his listeners that immigration is “the great life force of each generation of new Americans…” watch it here. (Quick timeline of the history of immigration here.)
- More details on this event and downloadable flyers here!
- Where: Oxnard Community Marketplace – Oxnard College Campus.
- When: We are open from 8am-3pm, last application starting at ±1:00 pm.
- Note: First-time volunteers MUST take a 1-hour training course at 8:30 am. It’s actually really interesting. We do reserve the right to refuse the services of any volunteers.
- Mark your calendar for next month and beyond!: 2020 dates are 1/26, 2/23, 3/29, 4/26, 5/31, 6/28, 7/26, 8/30, 9/27, 10/25, 11/29, and 12/27.
Thinking about being a volunteer? You don’t have to be a lawyer. You don’t need to speak a foreign language, but that extra skill is appreciated. You don’t have to be a citizen and you don’t have to be over 18. Teen volunteers are great! Basic requirement is that you care about helping our immigrant neighbors. We do reserve the right to respectfully refuse services from anyone. More details here!
Action #2: Donate in a powerful way for the needs in our own community. Share this information!
Donate securely at www.cluevc.org. (Please note MAF on your donation form. Or write a check and send to CLUE-VC, POBox 3066, Ventura, CA, 93006)
100% of your donation goes to DIRECT support.
- $50 helps transportation costs to an immigration appoinment in LA (Volunteer drivers needed! Contact us through www.cluevc.org/contact.
- $75 provides supplies for one monthy Swap Meet Justice event that provides application assistance for citizenship, DACA and green card renewals and voter registration. (Be an volunteer! Check out Action #1 above or www.clueve.org/swap-meet-justice.)
- $150 helps provide meals for one month for a small family living in Ventura Country while awaiting their asylum hearing. (Home hosts needed! Are you interested? Leave a message at www.cluevc.org/contact.)
- $250 provides food to share with the refugees at the Border whom our volunteers encounter in one day at the camps in Mexico. To be a part of a Ventura County trip for this humanitarian assistance, email to CasaArteArch@att.net.
- $495 covers the fee of one DACA renewal application. Unlike for citizenship and green card applicants, the government provides no hardship waivers for the amazing and hardworking young people we meet at our Swap Meet Justice events. For those who have all they need, A DACA SCHOLARSHIP IN THEIR NAME WOULD BE A GREAT CHRISTMAS OR BIRTHDAY PRESENT! Contact us here.
- $2,000 trains an Accredited Representative to assist in immigration applications in a community organization. Contact us here.
CLUE-VC is a 501(c)3 nonprofit. Donations are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law. Want to do more than donate? Contact UUCV’s Action Team for Immigrant Right (ATIR) or your congregation’s action group. Check out www.cluevc.org/take-action.
Cooperating Organizations: CAUSE, CLUE-Ventura County, Indivisible Ventura, Indivisible Conejo, Democratic Moms of Camarillo, The Garden Church/NOUMC, Law Office of Vanessa Frank, Unitarian Universalist Church of Ventura, Buen Vecino.