Yeah, we weren’t surprised either…
Hey, rich guys, how about thinking outside the zero-sum race-to-the-bottom hunger-games you’ve got the poor and middle-class trapped into?!
Here’s some creative ideas…
- Increase the Alternate Minimum Tax, instead of removing it.
- Decrease the estate tax exemption instead of doubling it.
- Leave the “pass-thru” right where it is. Kansas barely survived their experiment.
- Pass a single-payer health care system that includes children.
- Raise FICA (Federal Insurance Contributions Act) taxes. After reaching $127,200, a taxpayer no longer pays a Social Security deduction. $2 TRILLION dollars of earnings escape this tax.
- Increase the Medicare surcharge on wages over a quarter million dollars, the Hospital Insurance tax and medicare taxes on unearned income, instead of eliminating them.
Minimal Script: I’m calling from [zip code] to tell Senator [___] to demand a bipartisan approach to renewal of CHIP funding, without cutting the ACA Prevention and Public Health Fund or raising costs for Medicare recipients.
Senator Feinstein: DC (202) 224-3841, LA (310) 914-7300, SF (415) 393-0707, SD (619) 231-9712, Fresno (559) 485-7430
and Senator Harris: DC (202) 224-3553, LA (213) 894-5000, SAC (916) 448-2787, Fresno (559) 497-5109, SF (415) 355-9041, SD (619) 239-3884
Not sure if these are your Senators?http://www.phoneyourrep.com
House Passes Children’s Health Insurance Bill, But Kids Are No Closer To Health Insurance (Huffpo)
Who Is Finished Paying Their 2017 Social Security Taxes? Probably Not You. (Huffpo)