Action #1 – Congratulate Rep. Salud Carbajal for House passage of his bill banning off-shoring drilling!
All Santa Barbara Indivisibles and local activists are encouraged to attend Rep. Salud Carbajal’s press conference Friday September 13, to celebrate House passage of the “Coastal and Marine Economies Protection Act” (H.R. 1941). This bill bans future offshore oil and gas leasing off the U.S. coasts, and includes Carbajal’s “California Clean Coast Act” (H.R. 279) within it, which permanently prohibit oil and gas leasing off the coast of the State of California.
- Rep. Salud Carbajal, CA-24
- Linda Krop, Chief Counsel, Environmental Defense Center
- Michael Lyons, President, Get Oil Out
- Dennis Allen, Chairman, Allen Construction
- Ben Pitterle, Science & Policy Director, Santa Barbara Channelkeeper
- Corley Kenna, Director, Global Communications and Public Relations, Patagonia
- Sigrid Wright, CEO, Community Environmental Council
WHEN: Friday, September 13, 12:00 – 12:45 p.m. PDT
WHERE: Shoreline Park, East Parking Lot (closest to the pier), Santa Barbara, CA 93109
OR thank him here: Rep. Salud Carbajal (CA-24): email. DC (202) 225-3601, SB (805) 730-1710 SLO (805) 546-8348
The passage of this bill is crucial for Central Coast communities who have seen the devastation of the 1969 Santa Barbara and 2015 Plains All American Pipeline oil spills, and whose economies are directly tied to clean coasts and healthy ecosystems.
(Who cosponsored this? Check here – Julia Brownley and Katie Hill were cosponsors!)