These 3 actions will take you less than 10 minutes…
#1 – Tell your legislators to support the American Rescue Plan.
(5calls.org) The new Biden-Harris administration has put forth a 1.9 trillion dollar package, the American Rescue Plan, aimed at economic aid for struggling families, relief for small businesses, and a national vaccination program to increase testing and vaccine distribution. (White House fact sheet here.) (Comparison between previous COVID relief plans and this one here.)
The American Rescue Plan would:
- provide $1,400 in direct payments to most Americans,
- increase the federal per-week unemployment benefit to $400 until September 31st,
- increase the federal minimum wage to $15 per hour,
- extend the eviction and foreclosure moratoriums until September 31st,
- increase the Child Tax Credit to $3,000 per child ($3,600 for children under 6), which would reduce child poverty by at least 50%,
- give $170 billion for K-12 schools and institutions of higher education,
- provide $350 billion in state and local government aid,
- add an additional $50 billion toward Covid-19 testing, and
- provide $20 billion toward a national vaccination program.
Minimal Script: I’m calling from [zip code] and I want Rep./Sen. [___] to support the American Rescue Plan. [you can point out issues from the list above that are especially important to you and your family.] People have been kept waiting for this too long and there is true suffering in our country. Please move this through quickly.Continue reading “Tues 1/26: Three Quick Actions!”