Action #1 – Email/call the major broadcasters and tell them to back out of any deals to broadcast Trump’s speech tonight.
It wouldn’t be the first time that broadcasters refused to air a Presidential speech. It comes as no surprise that it was President Obama’s 2014 speech on immigration that was considered too partisan to air. Although NBC, ABC, CBS, CNN, FOX, MSNBC, and PBS all said on Monday that they had agreed to the White House’s request for air time, let’s tell them to reconsider. Even “allowing” Democrats equal time will not fix the damage his lies will cause. If the press aren’t actually the “enemies of the people” as Trump keeps stating, then they must act as agents for the protection of truth, even at risk of ratings and profits to themselves. That’s what heroes do.
- NBC: (212) 664-4444 or email: https://www.nbc.com/contact-us
- ABC: (800) 230-0229 or email: https://abc.go.com/feedback
- CBS: (212) 975-3247 or email: email@example.com
- CNN: (404) 827-1500 or email: http://cgi.cnn.com/cgi-bin/feedback2.pl or firstname.lastname@example.org
- FOX: (888) 369-4762 or email: https://help.foxnews.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
- MSNBC: (212) 664-4444 or email Rachel@msnbc.com, Tweet: @Maddow is Rachel’s personal account.
- PBS: (703) 739-5000 or email: http://www.pbs.org/foundation/contact-us/