Nonvoters helped to hand Trump the presidency. (wapo), (fortune) Let’s help them take back their power.
We are within 90 days of the midterm elections! Check your status!
That’s an important benchmark, because under current law, states can’t purge you from their roles within 90 days of an election. In CA, click here to:
- Check if you are registered to vote.
- Check where you are registered to vote.
- Check your political party preference.
- Check your language preference for election materials.
- Check the status of your vote-by-mail or provisional ballot.
- Find your polling place.
- If anything has changed since the last time you voted – your address, your political party, whatever, re-register to vote here.
- You can register for the first time if you’re 18 or going to be 18 on election day. You can PRE-REGISTER if you’re 16 or 17.
- Yes, you can register and vote in the 14 days before an election or on Election Day itself in CA, but you would have to appear in person at your local elections office.
If you’re not in CA, go to www.vote.org to find your state’s election center – each state’s election information is listed. After you’ve checked your registration status, do yourself a favor and take a screen shot of it. If things go wonky at your precinct that day, it will be nice to have that information handy.
Take the 24 hour pledge!
(from Small Deeds Done) “Senator Claire McCaskill (who has described herself as “stronger than horseradish”) issued a challenge the other day, and I wanted to share it.
Continue reading “Tues – 8/14: Midterms are almost upon us.”
Indivisible Ventura has been assigned the voting poll at the Poinsettia Pavilion! Come join us! We’re looking for volunteers to help us staff it for the June 5th primaries!
We need at least (4) volunteer “clerks” per shift for (4) shifts. You’re welcome to volunteer for 2 or more shifts. Some of us will be there all day!
- 6:00 am – 10:00 am (setup at 6, poll opens at 7)
- 10:00 am – 2:00 pm
- 2:00 pm -5:30 pm
- 5:30 pm – 8:30 pm (door closes at 8:00)
We need one Spanish-capable clerk for each shift! Please help us if you have this capability! Continue reading “Update! – We’re adopting the Poinsettia Pavilion polling place!”
Indivisible Ventura is looking for volunteers to help us adopt-a-poll!
We need at least 3-4 volunteer “clerks” per four-hour shift for 4 shifts. First shift starts at the ridiculous time of 6:00 am. Frisky and/or long-suffering volunteers can sign up for more than one shift. Only requirement is that you’re registered to vote in California.
At least one clerk from each shift is encouraged to take the full training course, so they can pass on the knowledge to their crew. Election officer training classes last 3 hours (one hour online or at the county, two hours in a hands-on equipment lab). Classes are offered at a variety of times and places around the county. Those who volunteer as clerks get a $90 stipend along with a $20 stipend for those completing the training.
Not only is this an interesting and extremely educational volunteer opportunity, but it’s also a fundraiser! For each poll adopted, the group receives $475! That’s a lot of paper, ink cartridges and postcard stamps!
Volunteer and/or sign up for more information here! Continue reading “Hey Indivisible Ventura! – Let’s adopt a poll!”