While we’re distracted with abortion rights, the GOP and their Wall Street donors are busy trying ruin something else that we value.
- Action #1: On May 23, learn more about how corporate vultures plan to privatize Medicare and how to stop them. Share this in your social circles!
- Action #2: Sign a petition to Joe to stop this nonsense before more vulnerable people are hurt.
- Action #3: Make a call to Joe to “executive action” this away.
- Action #4: Call your representative to fight against Trump’s corrupt leftovers.
This action was shared with us by our Ventura County chapter of Physicians for a National Health Program (PNHP). The nationwide organization’s mission statement is simple:
“The answer to our health care crisis is clear. We propose a publicly financed, non-profit single-payer national health program that would fully cover medical care for all Americans.
The video below explains the ACO REACH program, which was originally proposed by the Trump administration.
- The GOP says the acronym stands for the Accountable Care Organization Realizing Equity, Access, and Community Health. Hmmm…isn’t that what Medicare is already doing?
- Here’s the real translation – the American Corporations & Oligarchs – REACHing into and draining our Medicare fund dry. Under this program, private equity and ventura capitalist firms, who have already wreaked havoc on the wheelchair and air ambulance industries, will finally be allowed bring their particular blend of toxic greed to the Medicare trough, right alongside the private insurance companies who are already making bank with their aptly named “Medicare Advantage” plans.
Earlier action with more information here.
Action #1: On May 23, learn more about how corporate vultures plan to privatize Medicare and how to stop them. Share this in your social circles!
If you agree that profiteering has no place in Medicare, please join them and thousands of other advocates on Monday, May 23 (1:00-1:45 p.m. ET) as they kick-off their expanded national “Turning Up the Heat on Direct Contracting and REACH” campaign. Physicians and seniors will speak about the dangers of private equity in Medicare, while Congressional leaders will explain what we should do to protect seniors, the disabled, and the future of public Medicare. This event is free, but you must register in advance.
- REGISTER NOW: https://pnhp.salsalabs.org/REACHlaunchwebinar/index.html
- Graphics you can share on your social media: https://protectmedicare.net/social-media/
Action #2: Sign a petition to Joe to stop this nonsense before more vulnerable people are hurt.
Sign the petition from National Single Payer urging President Biden to issue an executive order ending Direct Contracting and REACH. Sign here: https://actionnetwork.org/petitions/tell-president-biden-to-stop-the-privatization-of-medicare-end-aco-reach-now
We at Indivisible Ventura are already signed onto this letter.
Action #3: Make a call to Joe to “executive action” this away.
- Switchboard: 202-456-1414
- Email: https://www.whitehouse.gov/contact/
11:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. ET. Use this SCRIPT to tell President Biden to end Direct Contracting and ACO REACH now.
If you are NOT on Medicare, use this script:
I am calling today to ask the President to issue an executive order to protect the ability of seniors and people with disabilities to manage their own care in traditional Medicare by quickly eliminating the DCE/ACO-REACH pilot program.
Direct Contracting, now called ACO-REACH, was developed by the Trump administration to hand a beloved and trusted public program, traditional Medicare, to Wall Street investors. President Biden, you can stop this attempt to privatize Medicare by issuing an executive order ending ACO-REACH.
The future of seniors and people with disabilities is in your hands. Use the full authority of your office to protect seniors and people with disabilities.
Only you can stop DCE/ACO-REACH with a stroke of a pen.
Save Medicare from Wall Street. Stop DCE/ACO-REACH today!
If you ARE on Traditional Medicare, use this script:
I am a senior on traditional Medicare and I do not want to be assigned to, aligned with, or enrolled in an ACO/ REACH program. My doctor and I can manage my care without intrusion from a third party with financial interests that will deplete our Medicare Trust Fund. Keep the Medicare dollar for health care and don’t use it for investor overhead and profit.
I want President Biden to preserve my choice of traditional Medicare and stop this privatization that was started by Trump and his cronies. End the ACO/REACH program with an executive order.
Action #4: Call your representative to fight against Trump’s corrupt leftovers.
I’m calling from [zip code) and as a person [who is on Medicare now/who hopes a robust Medicare program is still there when I need it], I want Representative [___] to urge HHS Sec. Becerra and the administration to stop ACO REACH and any other programs that privatize Medicare. I also want [him/her] to support and push through H.R.3 – Elijah E. Cummings Lower Drug Costs Now Act, which would protect Medicare enrollee from excessive costs and unfair prices.
(Who’s already a cosponsor of H.R.3 here. Brownley STILL has NOT signed (03/01), Carbajal has.)