“YES” to H.Res.260 – “In the Matter of Representative Marjorie Taylor Greene.”
One of the takeaways from the first hearing on the January 6 insurrection was no surprise – the violent seditionists believed they were attacking law enforcement officers at Trump’s behest. “…all of them were telling us ‘Trump sent us.’ It was nobody else. It was not Antifa. It was not BLM.”
These domestic terrorists were not in any doubt as to what Trump had asked them to do.
On July 23rd, after media representatives were removed from the room, Trump’s QAnon-whisperer – Marjorie Taylor Greene, suggested that Alabama residents meet their community’s “trusted messengers” – “the doctors, the faith leaders, community leaders and others who are working to get people vaccinated, save lives, and help end this pandemic” with a “2nd Amendment rights”-style” welcome.
Is there any reason to doubt that some Alabama residents will do exactly what she asked? That her words are a tragedy waiting to happen?
ALGOP chairman John Wahl was alarmed enough to put out this statement: “The Alabama Republican Party did not host or sponsor the event with Marjorie Taylor Greene, and therefore have no firsthand knowledge of the comments made.”
Hey, Mr. Wahl, the American people are tired of “hosting” her too, but there’s a constitutional solution for this.
Minimal script: I’m calling from [zip code] and want Rep./Speaker of the House [___] to expel Rep. Marjory Taylor Greene per H.Res.260 for advocating for domestic terrorism. In a private “just-among-us-friends” speech on July 23rd, she suggested that “trusted messengers” going door-to-door to answer COVID-related questions from Alabama residents be met with firearms. It is no surprise that the press was deliberately removed before her speech or that the AL GOP now disavows all knowledge of her comments.
In addition, her relentless social-media COVID disinformation campaign continues to endanger those who believe her, as well as their communities. If someone is harmed because of her words, her defense will be a repeat of “I was allowed to believe things that weren’t true.” Every day she remains a congressperson, she tarnishes the reputation of your office. Gift her with endless free time by supporting Rep. Jimmy Gomez‘s (D-Calif.) resolution to expel her, and stop making us fund her propaganda-machine with our taxpayer dollars.
Rep-check here. Neither Brownley, nor Carbajal have signed on yet.
- Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi: email, (202) 225-4965 (If you are a San Francisco constituent of the 12th Congressional District of California, please use https://pelosi.house.gov/contact-me instead.)
- Rep. Julia Brownley (CA-26): email, DC (202) 225-5811, Oxnard (805) 379-1779, T.O. (805) 379-1779
- or Rep. Salud Carbajal (CA-24): email. DC (202) 225-3601, SB (805) 730-1710 SLO (805) 546-8348
- (factcheck.org) Greene’s Deceptive Claims of Forced COVID-19 Vaccinations and Vaccination ‘Deaths’
- (theroot) Marjorie Taylor Greene Is Going to Get Someone Killed – The Georgia congresswoman suggested that people respond to COVID-19 workers with guns.
- (theweek) ‘Trump sent us’: Capitol police officer recounts Jan. 6 rioters’ clear message
- (alreporter.com) Attendees at Republican event cheered Alabama’s low COVID vaccination rate
- (Newsweek) Marjorie Taylor Greene Says Southerners May Shoot Vaccination Volunteers
- (the hill) Marjorie Taylor Green, guns and domestic terrorism
- (forbes) One House Democrat Is Not Giving Up On His Crusade To Expel Marjorie Taylor Greene
- (vanityfair) You’ll Never Believe It, but Marjorie Taylor Greene Is Still Lying About COVID-19
- (sun-sentinel.com) Marjorie Taylor Greene: A terrorist in Congress’ midst | Editorial
- (cnn) Twitter temporarily suspends Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene for vaccine misinformation
- (NBC) Marjorie Taylor Greene suggests Southerners could ‘welcome’ Biden’s ‘police state friends’ with guns – “We all love our Second Amendment rights,” she said, adding, “They might not like the welcome they get.”