Quote above from this article.
Minimum script: I’m calling from [zip code] and I want Rep./Sen. [___] to support legislation to specifically exempt ex-President Trump from all benefits of the Former Presidents Act, except for standard security expenses for himself and his wife. Instead, I want the funds that would have gone to his pension, travel, staff, and office space to be placed in trust for use in setting up the future 51st state of America created from Washington DC, which he abused shamefully during his term in office.
- Rep. Julia Brownley: email, (CA-26): DC (202) 225-5811, Oxnard (805) 379-1779, T.O. (805) 379-1779
- or Rep. Salud Carbajal: email.(CA-24): DC (202) 225-3601, SB (805) 730-1710 SLO (805) 546-8348
- Senator Feinstein: email, DC (202) 224-3841, LA (310) 914-7300, SF (415) 393-0707, SD (619) 231-9712, Fresno (559) 485-7430
- and Senator Padilla: email, DC (202) 224-3553,
LA (310) 231-4494, SAC (916) 448-2787, Fresno (559) 497-5109, SF (415) 981-9369, SD (619) 239-3884
- Who is my representative/senator?: https://whoismyrepresentative.com
Trump’s “Big Lie” about a stolen election has cost 5 people their lives and hurt over 134 police officers, some with life-changing injuries. In cold hard cash, even before the injury lawsuits start, the “Big Lie” insurrection has already cost us taxpayers over $519 MILLION DOLLARS, including $19 million dollars in security costs for CA alone.
With this level of damages, why should Trump continue to profit from the presidency on our dime, whether he’s convicted by the spineless lickspittles in the Senate or not? The Former Presidents Act of 1958 was meant to protect former presidents, like Harry S. Truman, from embarrassing penury after leaving office. It was not intended to subsidize a wealthy man who’s made a show of donating his salary, a tax-deductable distraction, while transforming his properties into sponges to soak up taxpayer money, even when inconvenient or costly. He’s already taken $2.5 million from us for official functions and gained millions more from direct attempts to gain his favor and from his own campaign coffers and PACs. And despite pledging to be too busy presidenting to play golf, he cost us an estimated $144 million dollars to do just that, ±298 times, at his own resorts.
Now, with the Former Presidents Act, Trump can get an annual pension of $221,400 for life, along with a “suitable” taypayer-funded office, which he can fill with anyone he wants, free from civil-service laws, for a aggregate salary of $150k for the first 30 months, and $96k thereafter. Nice pocket change for his kids…unless he’s convicted of the insurrection charges against him. Or Congress passes a law to exempt him from the Former Presidents Act. Let’s ask!
Do you have a few more minutes?
- CONVICT TRUMP OF INSURRECTION & TOSS HIM OUT FOREVER. Here.
- SAY “NO” TO LIFETIME RETIREMENT PERKS FOR OUR FORMER GRIFTER-IN-CHIEF Here.
- BLACK LIVES MATTER REQUESTS…”YES” ON H.Res 25 & COUP Act. Here.
- “THE ENEMY IS WITHIN.” EXPEL GREENE. Here
- 3 QUICK ACTIONS: AMERICAN RELIEF PLAN, DE-FANG DEJOY, PUBLIC CHARGE Here.
- SENATORS – THE GOP IS GASLIGHTING US. CONVICT TRUMP NOW! Here.
- GET READY TO FLUSH THE FILIBUSTER – Here.
- IN THE BEGINNING, THERE WAS H.R. 1 – Here.
- THERE IS NO MORE TIME TO WAIT! D.C. STATEHOOD NOW! here.
- TICK, TOCK, WE’RE WAITING FOR RESIGNATIONS Here.
- REMOVE THE WHOLE ECO-SYSTEM OF SEDITION– actions here.
- SIGN the NAACP’s “IMPEACH TRUMP” PETITION here.
- DISBAR SEDITIOUS LAWYER/LEGISLATORS: here.
- CEJA’s CEJA’s CA ENVIRONMENTAL SCORECARD IS OUT – Thank or Spank: here.