Meet the four health care professionals who stood in silence on May 1!
Watch their video interview here. Many will recognize these awesome local professionals and how lucky Ventura County is to have them.
- Listen to the message of care and empathy that brought them in front of hundreds of yelling, angry anti-lockdown protesters. (See previous post on protest here.)
- Listen to what they seeing in their health care facilities, for children, adults and the families of patients.
- Listen to what they are learning about this disease.
An update for volunteers…masks are needed for kids as well!
We got a few hundred more masks and below are the cumulative donations from our Brigade and beyond. Tonight we had three more deaths and the masks will continue to be a big part of us keeping our community safe and one of the most successful counties in California managing to flatten the curve. (The doctors mention them in the video above.)
Childrens masks has been requested by our leadership for kids coming in to the clinics for their required visits for immunizations, etc. They can be whatever style you wish (tie or elastic), as they will be used for children and not hospital washed and reused. We have one faith-based team that has already started to make them. Reminder to email email@example.com if you need any supplies.
- Do you want to make masks for Ventura County’s essential workers? Go here.
The alternative isolation gowns are still currently a need, as we are still having trouble getting authentic isolation gowns and N95 masks. We appreciate all the help you can extend with this endeavor.
- Do you want to make gowns? Go here.
O2 monitors: For anyone you know that may be interested in helping but they can’t make masks or gowns, we have a new need…We want to purchase around 50 finger-style O2 monitors that display pulse and oxygen saturation. The Emergency Room doctors want these so that a patient can self quarantine at home instead of at the hospital, while monitoring oxygen saturation. This will assist with managing overflow in the event we get a surge beyond bed capacity. These are all the forward thinking actions of our team, always anticipating and planning!
We set up an Amazon Wish List for this item for anyone interested in helping! Here is the link.
- Volunteer opportunities and equipment needed in Ventura County: here.
|Cumulative Donations as of 5/12/20 7:35 pm|
|Alternative Face Shields||500|
|Alternative PPE Gowns||370|