Action – If you still believe in this experiment in democracy called “America”, come, join us and roar!
We need to show Congress that there is broad resistance to Trump’s crimes. Join us at the Ventura County Government Center (corner of Victoria and Telephone) with your best signs and American flags for a peaceful rally from 1 pm- 3pm, tomorrow – Sunday, October 13th. (Facebook event here.) Bring great signs, American flags, Halloween costumes or whatever, because:
If we don’t stand up against a corrupt ruler who would use both a democracy struggling for its existence against Russia and a Communist super-power to ensure his own reelection, who will?
If we don’t stand up for the rights of whistleblowers to safely call out abuses of those in power, who will? (We’re waiting for our big bag-o-whistles to arrive! )
And if we don’t call out amoral GOP collaborators and demand that they relocate their “morals” and dedication to American values, who will?
Make your own great poster or check these links out…Free poster links here and here, low-cost downloadable posters here. If anybody has other great sources, email us at email@example.com and we’ll add them in!
The earthquake is starting…
- There are over 115 events, from town halls to rallies to marches, that will be happening across the country. If you happen to be in the San Francisco area, go here! Otherwise, hang with us here!
- Witnesses are showing up to testify!
- 17 former Watergate prosecutors who called on the House to continue carrying out the Trump impeachment investigation “fairly, openly and promptly.”
- The administration sent their Ukraine talking points out to Democrats accidentally AGAIN!
- Two of Guiliani’s “clients” who had received subpoenas from the impeachment inquiry, were arrested for violating federal election interference laws while trying to leave the country on one-way tickets.
Our message as we rally to impeach now on October 13th:
- We are coming together across race, gender, class, party, and geography to say: we want a government that serves our interests rather than be abused for the personal gain of Trump and his cronies.
- Trump is a liar, a bigot, a cheat, a traitor, and a danger to the American people and our democracy. Every day Trump is office is another day he endangers the lives of millions of us and shreds up our democracy.
- Trump has shown himself unfit for office over and over again. By using military aid to pressure Ukraine into meddling in the 2020 election, Trump is once again selling out the American people and betraying the country to maintain his hold on power.
- From inciting racist violence and putting immigrant children in cages to obstructing justice and encouraging corruption in plain sight, Trump and his administration are sowing chaos, trampling our rights, and making our lives harder in order to increase their wealth and power.
- To literally hand the Kurds, U.S. allies who’ve been guarding thousands of ISIS fighters, over to the the anti-democratic ruler of Turkey with a phone call, without informing our military or civilian leaders, shows him unable to lead this country beyond the sloganeering of his perpetual re-election campaign and his own personal conflicts of interest. Children have already died because of his phone call.
- When we, the people take back the reins and remove the culprits responsible, we will be able to better the lives of all Americans. If we don’t act, Trump will be emboldened to commit further abuses of power that further harm our families and erode our freedoms.
- Impeachment is not a partisan issue, it is about upholding our Constitution. Impeachment is our tool to protect ourselves from a lawless President — and we demand our elected representatives in Congress act to ensure we are a nation where all are equal before the law
Rules for Rallying…
We have advised the police that we are holding a peaceful rally. By choosing to attend this event, you are committing to participate nonviolently and in accordance with the law, to work to de-escalate confrontations with others, and to obey the orders of authorized event marshals and of law enforcement. You also acknowledge that you are solely responsible for any injury or damage to your person or property resulting from or occurring during this event and that you release all event sponsors and organizers (and their officers, directors, employees, and agents) from any liability for that injury or damage.
If a counter-protester does show up, the best way is to ignore them. We advise people to stay clear of the curbs with both their body and signage to avoid close contact with moving vehicles.