Note: Indivisible Ventura will be manning a voter registration table at Climate Strike in Ventura. Volunteers welcome.
Action – “If a Kid Says Help, You Help” – Your presence = support and respect. It’s really that simple.
(from Ventura County Climate Hub) Join to learn, unite, and march to demand immediate climate action. This is just the beginning! We are a cross-generational coalition of Ventura County students, organizations and businesses in solidarity with the Global Climate Strike. Young people and adults will strike all across the US and world to demand transformative action be taken to address the climate crisis on Sept. 20, three days before the UN Climate Summit in NYC.
Come to Mission Park and join the strike to demand that leaders declare a climate emergency and act now to slash greenhouse emissions and draw down carbon dioxide. Questions? CONTACT: Adam Vega, 805-312-6875, email@example.com
- 12:00 – Meet @ Mission Park
- 2:00 – March to City Hall
- 2:30 – 3:00 – Activation @ City Hall
- 3:00 – 4:00 – Walk back to Mission Park + Wrap
Other local events:
- Ojai – Join this event
- Carpinteria – Join this event
- Conejo/Westlake Village – Join this event
- Camarillo – Join this event
If your location wasn’t listed here or you’re interested to see all the events planned, you can check the map at globalclimatestrike.net/usa
More Information about Climate Strike:
(From Katie Eder, the 19-year old leader of Future Coalition)
“Too often, we think about solutions in a very small-minded way, inside the box, way. We don’t have time to stay in the box. We need to be more innovative with our solutions and ask for what we need, not what we think could be possible or has been possible in the past.
- A Green New Deal that immediately halts all new fossil fuel projects and transitions our economy to 100% renewable energy by 2030.
- Respect of Indigenous lands and sovereignty — the US government must halt all resource extraction on or affecting Indigenous lands, and recognize the Rights of Nature into law.
- Environmental justice for communities on the frontlines of poverty and pollution, and sanctuary for all migrants.
- Protect and restore 50% of the world’s lands and oceans; stop all deforestation by 2030.
- Invest in sustainable agriculture, not agribusiness.
We know what we’re asking for goes beyond the scope of what’s been achieved so far, but that’s precisely why we’re demanding it. We have just 11 years left to cut global emissions in half, and to do that, we need to work together to make these demands a reality .
If you’re ready to start fighting for these demands, sign up to join a Climate Strike event where you live.
Our only hope of achieving the sweeping transformation we need to save our futures is with the power of a mass movement. That movement that has existed in the US for decades is unifying and growing right now. People in over 100 countries are mobilizing for the Climate Strike — and over 500 US locations in all 50 states, as well as Puerto Rico and Guam, are joining in on the action.
Together, we are the hope for a different future than the one fossil fuel billionaires want to condemn us to. We still have the power to create the change we need, but only if we work together. That’s why we need you.
Katie Eder – Future Coalition”
- ClimateStrike805 https://www.facebook.com/events/2387486241538923/
- Global Climate Strike USA https://globalclimatestrike.net/usa/
- Fridays for Future https://www.fridaysforfuture.org/
- How to stand with young climate strikers https://350.org/support-climate-strikes/
- “If a Kid Says Help, You Help”: Adults Urged to Join Upcoming Global Climate Strike, Common Dreams, August 27, 2019
- #strikewithus #thereisnoPlanetB #ClimateStrike805