This is historic. The House Rules Committee just announced it will be holding the first-ever hearing on Medicare for All this Tuesday, April 30th, at 10 AM.
Action – Activate other legislators, including ours!
Watch this amazing short documentary on health insurance – it’s not just about patient bankruptcies, but on how our current system affects our businesses, our schools, our essential services like police and fire, our doctors, our economy, our deficit, our tax bills, our infrastructure and our environment.
Are our legislators listening to this? To us? To businesses?
No, our Reps Brownley and Carbajal are still NOT on board.
Medicare-For-All will help companies, workers and those who can’t work for health, disability or family reasons.
- It’s good for business!
- American companies have to compete against foreign companies who don’t have to deal with employee’s health care issues or the unpredictable rise in health care costs. Let’s our businesss be competitive!
- Companies wouldn’t have to spend time dealing with health insurance issues. No more fees to brokers, no more employee meeting time or paperwork.
- They can hire the person they want, without worrying that the new employee has medical issues or a family with a seriously sick person.
- Protects small companies from bankruptcy.
- It’s good for workers!
- Work where you want to instead of being anchored to a job because of health care benefits you or your family need.
- Employers will be more willing to employ you if you’re over 50 or have a chronically ill family member.
- Try out that new business venture without worrying that an unexpected health expense will bankrupt you.
- Eliminate the medical bankruptcy that can happen even if you are insured.
- It’s good for non-workers!
- It’s freedom to take the time your family needs to care for elderly parents or young children.
- Stop at least 40,000 unnecessary deaths, from lack of insurance or medicine.
- True freedom of choice. Go to any doctor, go to any hospital. No more surprise bills.
Minimal script for reps: I’m calling from [zip code] and I want Rep. [____] to know that I voted for [him/her] to put H.R.1384 – “Medicare For All” on the map, just like Social Security in 1935, and Medicare in 1965.
Rep. Julia Brownley (CA-26): email, DC (202) 225-5811, Oxnard (805) 379-1779, T.O. (805) 379-1779
or Rep. Salud Carbajal (CA-24): email, DC (202) 225-3601, SB (805) 730-1710 SLO (805) 546-8348
Who is my representative/senator?: https://whoismyrepresentative.com