Action #1- Keep up the pressure. Join us at the rally!
Four days before the deadline, only 354 children ages 5-17 have been united with their parents.
As the Trump Administration drags its heels on reuniting thousands of separated children with their parents, it’s time we once again take action and demand a solution to this crisis and dignity for all immigrants. On Saturday, July 28, between 6-8 pm, we’re stepping up to say “Families Belong Together: We Demand Justice!”
Meet at the corner of Victoria and Telephone in front of the Ventura County Government Center. Bring your amazing signs! Bring great chants to teach us! Bring your American flags: because Americans love kids and families and protecting them from harm is a quintessential American value, because America was built by immigrants and continues to depend on immigrants and because fighting terror and injustice is the most patriotic thing we can do.
There may be counter-protesters at our event. If they do show up, please just ignore them. They hate being ignored. We also advise people to stay clear of the curbs with both their body and signage to avoid close contact with moving vehicles.
By choosing to attend this event, you are committing to participate nonviolently and in accordance with the law, to work to de-escalate confrontations with others, and to obey the orders of authorized event marshals and of law enforcement. You also acknowledge that you are solely responsible for any injury or damage to your person or property resulting from or occurring during this event and that you release all event sponsors and organizers (and their officers, directors, employees, and agents) from any liability for that injury or damage.
Action #2 – Help us register voters! Same day, but in the morning.
Saturday, July 28 at Ventura College Marketplace/Swap Meet, 8am-3pm
4667 Telegraph Rd, Ventura, CA 93003
Click here for Ventura College Marketplace/Swap Meet Map
(location – Booth on 7/28 – #329, on 8/25 – #311)
Come for as long or as little as you want – training is available on site
Questions or need a ride? Email Veronica at email@example.com
Can’t go? Help fund this event!
- Trump now claims migrant children will be reunited with their families. Here are the lifelong psychological consequences the kids face. (business insider)
- Dem lawmakes slam ICE for forcing parents to pay “exorbitant” fees to call their children. (the hill)
- July 6th: Administration says it needs more time to reunite Migrant Families (NYTimes)
- July 10th: First wave of migrant children reunited with parents (NYTimes)
- July 10th: Trump Administration falls short on first family reunification deadline. (CNN)
- July 11: Migrant family reunification slowed by tech issues (PRI)
- July 16th: Judge temporarily halts deportation of reunified families. (wapo)