There are lots of actions, so we have a table of contents…
Some may resolve themselves before you get to them. That’s OK. We might be adding more in. Just try to do an action for justice every day!
- Action #1: Protest information/news you can use.
- Action #2: The NAACP asks that you make that call on HR 6800 now!
- Action #3: A lot of work on fair and just policing has already been done. It was reversed by Trump. Let’s put it back.
- Action #4:
Up the charge against Officer Chauvin and pull that case completely out of the Hennepin County.(DONE!)
Action #5 : Demand the arrest of the 3 police “bystanders.”(DONE!)
- Action #6: Join with the NAACP in calling for a law regulating police officer behavior.
- Action #7: Ask your representative to co-sponsor the Omar-Pressley resolution AND HR 119 – National Statistics on Deadly Force Transparency Act of 2019.
- Action #8: End “Qualified Immunity” for abusive police.
- Action #9: Hello! Have we actually passed that antilynching bill?
- Action #10: “Walk with us!” vs. “Light ’em up!”- Demilitarize our police.
- Action #11: Defund the police (Black Lives Matter)
- Action #12: Senator Tom Cotton wants to send in the 82nd Airborne, on the 99th anniversary of the Tulsa Massacre and the first air attack on American soil. Thanks, Tom, for putting the image of strafing American citizens in our heads!
Contact information for representatives and senators at the very bottom….
Action #1: The protests continue. Know your rights before you join in.
Continue reading “Mon/Tues 6/1-2: “Walk with us!” vs. “Light ’em up!” Oh, there is so much to do.”