Minimal script for call: I’m calling from [zip code] to ask Rep./Sen [___] to celebrate “Thank a Mail Carrier Day” by:
- Passing this year’s bipartisan version of the USPS Fairness Act. [Rep. – H.R.695/Sen. – S.145] (removes the onerous burden of pre-funding retirement.)
- Ensuring the quick appointment of strong and diverse public service advocates to the USPS Board of Governors who can vote out DeJoy. (Currently, the 6-member board has no Black or women members.)
- Returning postal banking, and adding other financial services like check-cashing, that help poorer communities.
- Ensuring that the Postal Service continues to provide good jobs for workers, including Black workers, workers without bachelor’s degrees, and military veterans.
- Opposing any privatization and outsourcing of USPS services.
Email template to legislators from EPI: here.Continue reading “It’s National Thank a Mail Carrier Day! Tell Congress to strengthen the U.S. Postal Service”