Tell Gov. Newsom that you support a 3200 foot setback between homes, schools, businesses, prisons and healthcare facilities and new & EXISTING oil and gas operations.
- Action #1: Call Gov. Newsom
- Action #2: Email Newsom and CalGEM at the same time with this nifty form!
Today is the LAST DAY to send public comments to California oil & gas regulators in support of 3200 foot setbacks between drilling and sensitive sites.
Action #1: Call Gov. Newsom
Minimal script for a call: I’m calling from [zip code] and I want Governor Newsom and CalGEM to take the following three actions:
- Support a 3,200-foot setback for new wells
- Demand that the setback applies to existing wells
- Demand an emergency response to ban all new permits within the setback until the final rule is in effect
CALL: Governor Newsom (916) 445-2841
Action #2: Email Newsom and CalGEM at the same time with this nifty form!
EMAIL BOTH NEWSOM AND California Geologic Energy Management Division (CalGEM): Here! https://secure.foodandwaterwatch.org/act/no-drilling-where-were-living
Sample script for an email: (NOTE: Mix it up and make it yours. It doesn’t have to be as long as this. Talk about your own issues of living next to these installations or that of your family and friends.)Continue reading “Fast Action! DEADLINE TODAY for last call to stop the toxic neighbors next door!”