Action #1: Our morality-challenged president wants to veto an “illicit offers” bill. Ask your senator to support SHIELD (HR 4617) to protect our political process from foreign influence.
The White House issued this statement: “While the Trump Administration seeks to limit foreign national interference in our elections by strengthening FECA and combatting illegal behavior, the SHIELD Act would produce harmful unintended consequences without achieving that goal.”…like making Trump sad. The House has already passed the Stopping Harmful Interference in Elections for a Lasting Democracy Act (SHIELD) (H.R. 4617) which would require:
- reporting offers of campaign assistance,
- requiring transparency of online political advertisements,
- prevents foreign cash from entering our election process through corporation, PACS, Super PACs, and other entities
- stop sharing of polling data with foreign governments,
- prohibit deceptive messaging on voting procedures.
We need a veto-proof majority to get this done, so everyone – to your phone!
Minimal script to senators: I’m calling from [___] and I would like Sen. [__] to support the SHIELD ACT – H.R. 4617 and all other bills related to foreign entanglements in our election process.
Senator Feinstein: email, DC (202) 224-3841, LA (310) 914-7300, SF (415) 393-0707, SD (619) 231-9712, Fresno (559) 485-7430
and Senator Harris: email, DC (202) 224-3553, LA (213) 894-5000, SAC (916) 448-2787, Fresno (559) 497-5109, SF (415) 355-9041, SD (619) 239-3884
Who is my representative/senator?: hq-salsa.wiredforchange.com