Action: YES, these are longer calls than usual, but we only have two days left, and good bills could be left behind while damaging ones are sneaking through!
This action may be edited throughout the day…FINAL RESULTS AFTER MIDNIGHT!
Minimal script to your assemblymember: I’m calling from [zip code]. Do you have a pencil ready? I want Assemblymember [___] to vote “NO” on SB 846– hidden solar tax (read here) and “YES” on a number of bills before the end of session:
SB 1137 – for 3,200-foot setbacks from homes and schools. Sweet jeesus, even Texas has health and safety setbacks!(Passed in Assembly, moved to Senate for concurrence) SENT TO NEWSOM!
REPRODUCTIVE FREEDOM ACTIONS
(You can just say “all bills by the Future of Abortion Council”…They know the numbers!)
- AB 657 Healing arts: expedited licensure process: applicants providing abortions. SENT TO NEWSOM!
- AB 1242 Reproductive rights. (in Assembly for concurrence with Senate Amendments) SENT TO NEWSOM!
SB 1142 Abortion services.SENT TO NEWSOM! SB 1245 Los Angeles County Abortion Access Safe Haven Pilot Program. SENT TO NEWSOM! SB 1375 Nursing: nurse practitioners and nurse-midwives: abortion and practice standards.SENT TO NEWSOM!
- AB 1416 Elections: ballot label (in Assembly for concurrence with Senate Amendments) SENT TO NEWSOM!
- State Assemblymember Steve Bennett: (CA-37): email, SAC (916) 319-2037, SB (805) 564-1649, VTA (805) 641-3700
- State Assemblymember Jacqui Irwin: (CA-44): email, SAC (916) 319-2044, CAM (805) 482-1904, OX (805) 483-4488
- Not your people? Which assemblymember/state senator is mine?: findyourrep.legislature.ca.gov.
Minimal script to your senator: I’m calling from [zip code]. Do you have a pencil ready? I want Senator [___] to vote “NO” on:
- SB 396 – Tree-killer bill for PG&E FAILED!
- AB 2143 – Solar-killing bill PASSED. Ask Newsom to Veto!
- SB 846 – hidden solar tax (read here) PASSED, SIGNED, CHAPTERED.
AB 2667 – Anti-microgrid bill (Limón VOTED FOR THIS – Tell her to reverse her vote!)FAILED!
AND “YES” on the following bills before the end of session (you don’t have to say the “blue” titles and descriptions – just the #’s.)
- SB 1137 – for 3,200-foot setbacks from homes and schools. Sweet jeesus, even Texas has health and safety setbacks! SENT TO NEWSOM!
- AB 2133 – would strengthen the state’s 2030 emissions reduction goal. FAILED!
SB 1322 – Energy: petroleum pricingSENT TO NEWSOM!
REPRODUCTIVE FREEDOM ACTIONS championed by the Future of Abortion Council.
- AB 1242 Reproductive rights. SENT TO NEWSOM!
- AB 2091 Disclosure of information: reproductive health and foreign penal civil actions. SENT TO NEWSOM!
AB 2134 Reproductive health care.SENT TO NEWSOM! AB 2223 Reproductive health.SENT TO NEWSOM! AB 2586 Reproductive and sexual health inequities.SENT TO NEWSOM!
- AB 2626 Medical Board of California: licensee discipline: abortion. SENT TO NEWSOM!
- AB 937 VISION ACT FAILED
- SB 107 – Gender-Affirming Health Care – CA becomes a refuge for transgender kids and their parents. SENT TO NEWSOM!
AB 1416 Elections: ballot label(back to Assembly) SENT TO NEWSOM! SB 1360 – Elections: disclosure of contributors.SENT TO NEWSOM!
- AB 1608 – Separates the duties of the county sheriff and coroner. This will promote transparency and accountability when determining the cause of death of an individual who has died in police custody. FAILED
- State Senator Monique Limón (SD-19): email, SAC (916) 651-4019, SB (805) 965-0862, OX (805)988-1940
- State Senator Henry Stern (SD-27): email, SAC (916) 651-2027, Calabasas (818) 876-3352
- Not your people? Which state senator is mine?: findyourrep.legislature.ca.gov.