- Action #1: Tell your senator to pass S.1975 – Women’s Health Protection Act NOW!
- Action #2: Demand that SCOTUS Justice Amy Coney Barrett and other Catholic justices “recuse” themselves on abortion cases.
- Action #3: Share information on how to find abortion pills, how to use them safely and to make the information common knowledge.
Action #1: Tell your senator to pass S.1975 – Women’s Health Protection Act NOW!
(This action is based on both CA senators having already cosponsored this bill.)
Minimal script: I’m calling from [zip code] to thank Senator [___] for supporting S.1975 – Women’s Health Protection Act and to ask that [he/she] carve out the filibuster to protect the 65 million women who will immediately lose access to complete reproductive health care if Roe v. Wade falls. I also want the senator to demand that the Senate Judiciary Committee look into the omission of Justice Amy Coney Barrett to recuse herself from Dobbs v. Jackson on the basis of her own 1998 law review article where she stated that she’d be unable to rule objectively on death penalty or abortion cases due to her religious convictions.
- Senator Feinstein: email(feinstein.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/e-mail-me) DC (202) 224-3841, LA (310) 914-7300, SF (415) 393-0707, SD (619) 231-9712, Fresno (559) 485-7430
- and Senator Padilla: email (https://www.padilla.senate.gov/contact/contact-form/) DC (202) 224-3553, LA (310) 231-4494, SAC (916) 448-2787, Fresno (559) 497-5109, SF (415) 981-9369, SD (619) 239-3884
- Who is my senator?: https://whoismyrepresentative.com
Action #2: Demand that SCOTUS Justice Amy Coney Barrett and other Catholic justices “recuse” themselves on abortion cases.
Minimal script: I’m calling to demand that SCOTUS Justice Amy Coney Barrett recuse herself from Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health Organization on the basis of her own 1998 law review article “Catholic Judges in Capital Cases,” where she wrote that she is incapable of ruling in a religiously neutral manner on matters concerning the death penalty or abortion due to her absolute fidelity to the teachings of the Catholic Church. She added “But neither may she “betray the public trust” by manipulating constitutional law and precedent “in order to save (unborn) lives,” leaving recusal as her only self-imposed option. She and the other conservative Catholic justices, Roberts, Breyer, Thomas, Alito, and Kavanaugh, stand at the brink of imposing a single religion’s values over their responsibility to a country who has rightfully prided itself on our Constitution’s separation of church and state.
- House Committee on the Judiciary: 202-225-3951
- Senate Committee on the Judiciary: (202) 224-7703
Action #3: Share information on how to find abortion pills, how to use them safely and to make the information common knowledge.
SHOUT YOUR ABORTION states that “IT’S NOT A COINCIDENCE THAT MISSISSIPPI IS THE POOREST AND BLACKEST STATE IN THE UNION. ABORTION BANS ARE INTENDED TO KEEP POOR PEOPLE IN POVERTY AND KEEP WHITE PEOPLE IN CHARGE OF EVERYTHING.”
SCOTUS’s decision in Dobbs will very likely lead to abortion being banned in half the States. Abortion pills by mail are the best tool we have to minimize the impact of whatever anti-choice legislation we see passed in coming years—and EVERYONE in this country needs to know about this option ASAP: ShareAbortionPill.Info
Get free downloadable assets and more info about participating in this action here.