COLLECT THE SET!
Can’t use a great sign just once! Give it a tour! Ventura County is INDIVISIBLE!
Get your beautiful “keepsake” wristband (OK, it’s really just paper) at your first rally location and keep getting stickers with each location!
Here’s the four locations in time order:
- 10:00 am – Warm up your rally muscles in Oxnard!
- 12:00 noon – zoom up to Ojai for the beautiful drive and a rally at Libby Park.
- 2:00 pm – Back down the hill for ours in Ventura!
- 5:00 pm – Finish out the day in Camarillo!
From Indivisible Ventura:
We look forward to seeing you at 2:00 pm at the Corner of Victoria and Telephone, in front of the Ventura County Government Center.
We are thrilled to be a part of a huge day of protests that is uniting Ventura County residents! PLEASE COME TO AS MANY RALLIES AS YOU CAN as we hold hands across city borders to support our immigrant neighbors as well as those whose pilgrimage for asylum ended in cages. (Updated schedule links below). We show people, with our presence, our signs, and our American flags, how important this moral issue is. Please wear WHITE if you can. However, don’t stress if your closet is currently white-clothing-free. Your presence is more important than clothing.
People are wondering if the “Families Belong Together” issue is as strong as before, due to Trump’s Executive Order to halt the mess he started. The answer is “YES“, “YES“ and more “YES”.
- +2000 children are still “missing”.
- When the 20-day limit imposed by the Flores agreement comes into play, kids will be taken away again or end up indefinitely detained. In the phrase “Families Belong Together”, the corollary “and not in cages” can be assumed. However, feel free to add that to your signage.
- Everyday, ICE takes peaceful, tax-paying parents away from their kids here in America. You’ve been seeing the articles and videos on the heartbreaking separations for a long time. We can never allow ourselves to let that become “business-as-usual.”
- The kids who had to make to our border for safety by themselves are still being locked up, unable to join with family anywhere.
- “Free Immigrant Families”
- “Where are the children?!?”
- “No human is illegal”
- “How did we get to baby jails?”
- “Remember the 2000!”
- “Where are the children?!?”
- “Stop traumatizing kids”
- “Reunite families now.”
- “Kids aren’t pawns.”
- “Families belong together.”
- “End family detention.”
- “There is no humane way to detain families.”
- “Human cages and internment camps are illegal”
- “Zero Tolerance has Zero Heart”
- “This is a moral choice, not a political one”
Here are some great sign graphics to use if you’d like.
Read this “Families Belong Together” Messaging page!
We look forward to seeing you all on Saturday!
- 6 initial ways you can be a better ally to undocumented immigrants. (mashable.com)
- Thousands of children have been seized from their parents by the Trump administration. Here are some of their stories.
- Fact sheet: How the Ryan ‘compromise’ bill does NOT end family separation
- Talking Points on Family Separation in the Ryan Bill
- Background on the Flores Settlement
- Myths v. facts about the Flores Settlement
Rallies further away:
- Carpinteria will be holding their event at 3:00 pm at Peace corner:
- Santa Barbara is meeting at 11:00 am at De La Guerra Plaza
- Santa Maria is holding theirs at 5:00 pm.
- If these events aren’t close enough for you, go here and find one that is.