Ryan Zinke refused to commit to a limited approach to allowing the excavation of coal and gas on federal lands and has opposed endangered species protections.
For Senators Feinstein and Harris – Call today and tomorrow (both): (DC switchboard (202) 224-3121, other #’s below.)
Script: Hi. My name is (______) and I’m a constituent from (city, zip.) I calling to urge Senator (Harris/Feinstein) to vote “NO’ on the confirmation of Ryan Zinke for Secretary of the Interior. We need principled leaders to stand up for regular Americans and protect the air we breathe, the water we drink, and the planet we share from polluters. Zinke refused in his nomination hearings to “…commit to a limited approach to allowing the excavation of coal, gas and minerals underground” on federal lands at the same time that Trump has said he intends to “to restore coal industry jobs by tapping federal resources. Zinke supports the Keystone XL Pipeline and has opposed endangered species protections for animals like the sage grouse. Thank You.
Feinstein Contacts: DC (202) 224-3841, LA (310) 914-7300, SF (415) 393-0707, SD (619) 231-9712, Fresno (559) 485-7430
Harris Contacts: DC (202) 224-3553, LA (213) 894-5000, SAC (916) 448-2787, Fresno (916) 448-2787, SF (415) 355-9041, SD (619) 239-3884
MORE ON RYAN ZINKE:
- The league of conservation voters gives him a lifetime score of 4% http://scorecard.lcv.org/moc/ryan-zinke
- Stance on the Keystone Pipeline: https://zinke.house.gov/media-center/press-releases/zinke-president-s-rejection-keystone-it-s-just-wrong
- Zinke opposes selling public lands but believes in opening up them up to drilling & mining. https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/public-lands-and-environment-under-interior-nominee-zinke-a-mixed-bag/
- Stance on Sage Grouse as protected endangered species. https://zinke.house.gov/media-center/press-releases/zinke-doi-sage-grouse-listing-clearly-not-warranted-and-neither-another
- Friends of the Earth (partisan) http://www.foe.org/news/archives/2017-02-170-conservation-groups-urge-senate-to-reject-zinke,