Dec. 4: It’s a Biden/Harris Friday!
GEORGIA 24/7! Phonebanks/textbanks/DM, letters, postcards. Information below!
Emails re: election lawsuits & Parler
Call legislators – Pass HEROES!,
Call NEWSOM – Listen to the CA Black Democratic Caucus!
Watch out for oil company paid signature gatherers in Ventura Co.!
- Trump Death Clock* here. Today’s number = 165,076
- (*deaths attributed to Trump’s inaction prior to 3/16/20)
- US COVID deaths = 277,693 (291,557 US soldiers died in WWII)
- Date Trump declares end of COVID pandemic = Oct. 27, 2020
- Number of new COVID cases today = 217,664, deaths = 2,879
(or “almost nothing” per Trump, Jr.)
Events/Actions happening today!
“Freedom is never voluntarily given by the oppressor; It must be demanded by the oppressed.” ~ MLK
- We’re putting up information on local protests and actions by others we’re finding from informal sources. These listings are not endorsements nor guarantees as to time/place/type of protest or participant safety. Events can and have already been cancelled without notice.
- UPCOMING EVENTS!
- NEED HELP? CAN YOU GIVE HELP? “Giving and receiving during this pandemic season.” – Volunteer and donation sites in Ventura County.
Friday – 12/4- ONLINE – “Discussion of John Lewis: Good Trouble–His Life and Legacy” (7:00pm PT)
Facebook link here. Join us for a vibrant discussion on the documentary film John Lewis: Good Trouble -His Life and Legacy (via Zoom). “My philosophy is very simple. When you see something that is not right, not fair, not just, say something! Do something! Get in trouble! Good trouble! Necessary trouble!” –John LewisJohn Lewis: Good Trouble chronicles Lewis’ 60-plus years of social activism and legislative action on civil rights, voting rights, gun control, health-care reform and immigration. Watch the film and then join us for a discussion of his legacy and what ‘good trouble’ is called for today.Charles Osiris, Ph.D.is Associate Vice President for Student Affairs, CSUCI
Will Guzmán, Ph.D. is a Professor of History at Prairie View A&M University. Dr. Guzmán has authored Civil Rights in the Texas Borderlands: Dr. Lawrence A. Nixon and Black Activism.Please register here: https://chaliceuu.breezechms.com/form/4ba096
You will receive a link to view John Lewis: Good Trouble
following registration. (Link is valid 12/1 – 12/4)Our Mission: To nurture spiritually courageous people who transform the world through justice and compassion.OUR PROGRAM IS FREE BUT DONATIONS ARE GRATEFULLY ACCEPTED.